Please scroll down, To apply
Electrical Engineering Lead
al-Hisah, Umm Salal, Qatar
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Job Title: Electrical Engineering Lead
Duration: 24 Months
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. (Advanced degree is desirable.)
- 10 years' of relevant experience as Electrical Lead, in a major project environment within the oil and gas industry and having a broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, offshore facilities design, construction and operations.
- Previous knowledge of Brownfield engineering and execution required.
- Ensure that the Contractor's electrical engineering for the Topsides, Onshore Facilities (Offshore scope), and the Offshore Electrical Power System designs comply with the Contract requirements including codes and standards. Provide guidance to the contractor to promote compliance.
- Plan and schedule the electrical engineering deliverables to enable efficient project execution, ensuring technical alignment and compliance with operational policies, standards of business conduct and project management system.
- Supervises and ensures that the Contractor's electrical Safety Topsides, Onshore Facilities (Offshore scope) Engineering designs comply with the Contract requirements including codes and standards. Provide guidance to the contractor to promote compliance.
- Participate to key design workshop and ensure that electrical Safety design recommendation are correctly implemented and actions closed before the end of EPCI (Lessons Learned, Value Engineering, HAZOP, SIL, LOPA, engineering criticality assessment, etc.).
- Supervises the Engineering electrical interfaces for the Topsides, Onshore Facilities (Offshore scope) and Offshore power loop and the following teams: Operations, Drilling, Well Management, the Jacket, the pipelines from the topsides perspective, the Onshore Project Team.
- Manage the Composite cable purchase order with the EPC Contractor and System Vendor in accordance with the roles and responsibilities given in the contract to ensure safe and seamless integration of the systems without any disturbance to the existing operating facilities.
- Supports Offshore Engineering Manager in monitoring the contractor's progress on delivery of the required documents in the Electrical discipline both for the Topsides and Pipeline Scopes.
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts with respect the disciplines involved in delivery of the electrical items related to Topsides and Pipelines Engineering, and ensures endorsement of Technical deviations to Company specifications when required.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.