Newcomb & Boyd, LLP
Conyers, Georgia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Electrical Engineer, Atlanta, Georgia (2-5 years experience)
Newcomb & Boyd, a multi-discipline engineering firm in Atlanta, Georgia is looking for an Electrical Engineer. Thanks to the best and brightest engineers in our industry, we have provided innovative engineering solutions to shape the world for more than 90 years. We realize the importance of work-life balance on not only your success in the office, but for your home life, health, and overall satisfaction. Our team-focused environment encourages employee growth and development, offers responsibility to those willing to accept it, and provides technical coaches to help you engineer success.
- Support the company with the design of complex electrical systems.
- Prepare 3- and 2-dimensional construction documents using Revit and AutoCAD.
- Prepare documents and calculations for the LEED certification process.
- Coordinate design efforts working closely with our in-house disciplines, architectural clients, and building owners.
- Plan project production process.
- Perform short circuit, overcurrent protective device coordination and arc flash studies.
- Perform lighting calculations.
- Perform contract administration duties of site visits, submittal review and contractor assistance.
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- EIT or PE a plus.
- Demonstrate proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Two to 5 years' experience in the Electrical consulting business, including power and lighting.
- Laboratory and/or healthcare design experience a plus.
- Have a solid technical base with desire to learn, lead, and grow into Senior Engineer and Project Management positions.
- Must prioritize effectively, have good follow-through, and practice self-implemented quality control measures.
- Able to communicate well in writing, as well as verbally.