Musk Process Services
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Designer to join our ever busy and expanding Design Department. The role will involve travel to various sites, therefore for logistical reasons candidates should be based in the Peterborough / Northampton area.
You will design electrical panel and field installations from concept to on-site commissioning relating to automated control systems.
Using AutoCad, you will generate:
* Panel layouts and bills of materials
* Electrical control schematic diagrams
* Instrument loop diagrams
* PLC wiring diagrams and I/O schedules
* Machinery safety circuit design and risk assessments to BS EN ISO 13849/60261
* Prepare commissioning & technical documents
* LV distribution and cable calculations (using Amtech software)
We provide a strong health and safety culture and for motivated employees, ample personal development opportunities.
Working Hours: 40 Hours per week (Monday-Friday).
You should have:
* a strong electrical design background within an industrial (manufacturing) environment and be familiar with safe working practices.
* Knowledge and experience of on-site commissioning relating to automated control systems is highly desirable.
* An understanding of component SIL and machine PL ratings would be an advantage, however training can be provided
You must have knowledge / experience of:
* Machine safety and safety circuits
* PLC control wiring systems, instrumentation and motor starter control types
You must posses the following:
* An electrical qualification (i.e. City & Guilds / BTEC / NVQ3 / HNC)
* City & Guilds 17th/18th Edition.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required.
Musk is a leading engineering company that supports many blue-chip manufacturers across several industrial sectors. We are a growing organisation, comprised of brilliant people providing a range of engineering services and are always looking for new faces to join our high-calibre teams on exciting projects