Electrical CAD Designer
Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine
Barkingside, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
The hardware and systems team is part of the Control Systems group within the Engineering department based in New Malden. The team provide hardware integration and electrical design expertise for maritime control and instrumentation systems throughout the product lifecycle.
As a key member of the hardware and systems team, this role will be to create electrical designs and drawings to deliver a new maritime platform management project.
• Produce electrical schematics using AutoCAD Electrical.
• Develop component libraries to support schematics.
• Raise and action change notes.
• Compile and maintain of Bills of Materials.
• Produce technical documents e.g. Technical Manuals, Hardware Design Specifications, etc.
• Verify and validate customer electrical requirements through the production of electrical test documents.
• Analysis for the justification of electrical designs and component selection.
• To be aware of and comply with company standards of conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
• To carry out any other reasonable management request.
Please note for this particular role, all candidates must be eligible for SC - UK EYES ONLY clearance and therefore be a sole British National passport holder.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will need to have the following experience:
• Proficient in the use of electrical schematic tools
• Electrical systems design and analysis techniques
• electrical CAD experience
• Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline.
All of our roles require successful candidates to undergo and maintain a Baseline Personnel Security Standard and/or United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) to obtain a Security Check (SC) without restrictions. Please note that in the event that the required clearance cannot be obtained you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security.
With over 100 years of history and expertise in navigation, we have established ourself as a major global provider of navigation solutions, including radars, compass systems, steering systems, speed logs, integrated bridge and control systems. We take pride in our commitment to provide 24/7support to all of our customers.
Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving our mission, something we always remember. In return for working for us you will have access to a benefits package that provides you with flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life, health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development.
We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.