Electric Mobile Work and Asset Management Project IT Technical Lead
Berlin, Connecticut, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Electric Mobile Work and Asset Management Project IT Technical Lead (Tracks 3 & 4)
This is a twelve to eighteen month assignment. The primary work site will be Windsor, Connecticut. On-site presence is required at other company locations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire during the duration of the assignment. A one year assignment is the minimum duration.
The expectation is that the Technical Lead is on-site at an Client location Monday through Thursday weekly for the duration of the project.
Work site locations - the primary work site will be Windsor CT. On-site presence at other locations is necessary. Travel within the Client service territory from the Windsor home-base will be reimbursed. The current draft deployment schedule is:
September to October 25, 2019 - Windsor CT
October 27, 2019 - November 23, 2019 - Hyde Park, MA
November 25, 2019 - December 6, 2019 - Windsor, CT
December 9, 2019 - January 31, 2020 - Meriden, CT & Waterbury, CT
February, 2020 thru April, 2020 - Windsor, CT
May, 2020 and future - to be scheduled
IT Technical Lead Description and Duties
The Technical Lead (TL) will work closely with the lead Solution Architect and other Solution Architects and Engineers, the IT Manager, and the Project Manager of this specific project to organize the deployment effort and deliver technical solutions that satisfy the projects business objectives. The TL must be willing to work effectively with developers, infrastructure leads, IT Security professionals, testers, business clients and others across the Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire geographies. The TL assists with all phases of the track including design, build, test, and implementation. Client follows a specific project methodology with deliverable templates which the TL utilizes.
This project is part of a series of projects that will provide and update the mobile technology used by Client field workers. It will consolidate the business processes and systems used by Electric Work and Asset Management Services in Connecticut and Massachusetts.
The five projects under the Operations Mobility (MOB) initiative are:
- Enterprise Mobile Workforce Management - Electric OMS
- Enterprise Mobile Workforce Management - Gas Meter Services
- Enterprise Mobile Workforce Management - Electric Meter Service
- Enterprise Mobile Workforce Management - Gas Work and Asset Management
- Enterprise Mobile Workforce Management - Electric Work and Asset Management
This project will consolidate the Electric Work and Asset Management Services business processes across Connecticut, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts based on industry best practices and replace the associated IT systems with a modern, user friendly enterprise mobile work management system which provides solution integration services that function transparently and operate across these systems: Maximo, Click, and WorkForce. This new system implementation will support secure mobile electric data collection, distribution, metrics, database repository, secure access for technicians, dispatchers, field supervisors, customer service representatives and all concerned authorized Client principles providing Client customers with much improved customer service.
It is expected that there will be close collaboration with a similar project deploying mobile applications for the Gas business at Client. The individual in this role will work closely with the Solution Architect and Tech Lead on the Gas Mobile project.
Primary Job Functions for the IT Technical Lead:
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical/infrastructure build (install, configure, change management, support testing activities, implement, support and engage from design through initiation and delivery.
- Coordinate the build of all project environments and mobile device environments
- Create cutover, back out and implementation plans for the combined project
- Create Operations time lines
- Validate system configurations and create support matrixes
- Responsible for production cutover planning and cutover activities, and delivery of equipment to business clients at work locations
- Analyze requests and seek additional detail required for prioritization and proper routing.
- Coordinates and directs the activities of build team according to the priorities set by the plan.
- Applies technical knowledge to drive and/or resolve highly complex technical issues.
- Partners with members of project team and other IT teams as appropriate to expedite the activities required by the IT technical lead role.
- Identifies potential escalations and proactively alerts management, leads escalation and resolution process
- Develops, defines and coordinate execution of technical build schedule, activities, budgets and deliverables.
- Coordinates and communicates on activities among internal technical groups
- Manages risks, issues/problems, and activity progress to ensure goals are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks, and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the scope.
- Conducts documentation activities to formalize and communicate the delivery acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Skills
- Candidate must be a a person who can work independently with his or her own initiative, and is proactive to events and decisions within the project.
- Candidate is expected to have strong analytical and problem solving skills. The candidate will attend and participate in project meetings and design sessions.
- Candidate should be outgoing and enjoy working on a team.
- Individual in this position must demonstrate strong communication skills, including written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must have experience with deploying and supporting mobile applications, infrastructure, configuration, security, and operations.
- Candidate should have experience deploying and configuring Microsoft Intune enterprise mobility manager tool and/or another similar tool
- Candidate must have experience with mobile devices, configuration, deployment, and management, preferably using Windows and IOS devices
- Infrastructure Specific Knowledge
- Windows Server 2012 Systems
- Windows workstations 7 / 10
- MS Office 365, Outlook, Skype
- IOS / Ipad Build, Configuration and Deployment
- Widows 10 Build, Configuration, and Deployment
- inTune and/or other MDM solutions
- Energy / Electric / Gas Utility Experience is helpful but not required
- Experience with mobile systems such as ClickSchedule, Click Mobile, GIS, drawing tools is helpful but not required
- Experience with backend utility field operations systems such Maximo, GIS, Workday, Workforce, etc. is helpful but not required
- Requires basic knowledge of systems development methodologies and systems integration methodologies.
- Requires basic knowledge of business application technical design and implementation processes
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Information Technology, Engineering, Business or closely related disciplines.
- Expertise is required in build coordination, build tracking (metrics), release management, and reporting
- Experience with implementation planning, environment migration, and integration testing is desirable
- Minimum 10 years of experience in an IT related environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience in technical infrastructure disciplines
For more information please contact Casey Taylor at ext 240 or
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area. Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position. - provided by Dice