Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
EC&I Manager East Midlands Competitive salary and impressive benefits package
My client is a leading global specialty chemicals company going through a significant period of growth and transformation. To drive this transformation, they have a newly created role to lead their electrical, controls and instrumentation team as EC&I Manager at their large site in the East Midlands.
As head of the EC&I function on site the EC&I Manager is responsible for all aspects of electrical, instrumentation and control system functionality, safety, and compliance on site. The role will be heading up a team of Engineers & Technicians and will be responsible for setting the strategy and ensuring site projects are compliant to EC&I standards.
- Coaching and development of EC&I team
- Setting the strategic direction of the EC&I engineering department
- Ensuring compliance to all aspects of UK, European and IEC Regulations that are relevant to the site's operations to ensure HSE compliance with all EC&I related standards and regulations
- Work with project engineers on CAPEX projects to set appropriate control and E&I philosophy
- In accordance with group standards, ensure that the site control systems are fit for purpose.
- Propose and implement control system upgrades as required and carry out site automation projects
- The preparation and management of major contracts in support of EC&I maintenance requirements of the site
- Act as the technical authority in relation to design standards, codes of practice and legislation
- Actively contribute to design reviews, safety reviews (Risk Assessments, LOPA's and HAZOP's) from technical standpoint
- Be responsible for EC&I site audit program and actively participate in audits with other discipline teams
- Ensuing the execution of site EC&I projects, safely and within budget and on time
- Development of asset management strategies including maintenance SOPs and plans and end of life considerations for all EC&I equipment.
- Identifying areas of improvement across the plant to increase efficiency and reliability
- Managing high value maintenance contracts
- Responsible for the site electrical infrastructure and fixed electrical testing programs for both LV and HV distribution systems
- Degree in a Control/Electrical or similar discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience of leading a team of Engineers and Technicians in the chemical industry
- Understanding of the COMAH Regulations and management in relation to EC&I Engineering
- In-depth knowledge of the DSEAR and ATEX regulations including the principles of hazardous area classification, equipment selection, design, inspection and maintenance of electrical equipment for us in potentially flammable atmospheres
- Strong experience of IEC 62682 management of alarm systems and ISA 101 HMI standards & ISA 88 Batch control standards
- Pragmatic and analytical with strong interpersonal skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.