Drama Teacher - Bournemouth
Prospero Teaching 170.00 British Pound . GBP Per day
Bournemouth, Dorset, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Education
Drama Teacher - Bournemouth
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
Prospero Teaching is looking for a dedicated Drama teacher to work in a mixed secondary school in Bournemouth starting immediately.
The school is a successful, mixed secondary school with a 'good' Ofsted rating. The school is effectively seeking to recruit a qualified, passionate teacher of Drama to join the team immediately. The successful individual would have the relevant qualification and someone who is able and willing to learn, grow and develop with the school and ultimately contribute to the Drama teaching department.
In order to be ideal for this position, you will have to be a proactive practitioner with the ability to plan and prepare creative lessons that will engage with the students - consequently boosting their progression. In addition, someone that is strong in their field and has good knowledge of BTEC will be advantageous.
The successful Drama Teacher will:
* be passionate about Drama and can and inspire students
* have the ability to plan and prepare creative lessons, in addition to engage with the student
* be committed to a rigorous, knowledge-based curriculum
* offer a substantial commitment to extra-curricular activities
DRAMA TEACHER CONTRACT DETAILS:
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset
Position: Drama Teacher
Type of work: KS3 - 4
Contract or position start date: Immediately
Duration / Likely Duration: Long term
Contract or position end date (if applicable): Ongoing
Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm): Temporary
Full time/part time Full time: 5 days a week
Minimum rate of pay: £120 per day
Hours 8:30 am - 3:30pm (approximately)
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS OF DRAMA TEACHING JOB:
* QTS or equivalent (PGCE, B. Ed, S, or any other teaching degree equivalent)
* Minimum 1 year Drama teaching experience in the UK, also teaching BTEC Drama would be beneficial
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
* Hold Right to Work in the UK
* Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
* Provide two professional references
OTHER INFORMATION REGARDING THE DRAMA TEACHING JOB:
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful Drama Teacher:
* Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
* In-house Training and Development Team