Diversity Internship Program - Graphic Design
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
NASCAR Diversity Internship Program - Graphic Design:
NASCAR (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing) seeks the exceptional, the talented and the driven to contribute to its success as one of North America's premier sports. Offering opportunities in various areas across the sport, NASCAR encourages innovation and creativity on and off the track.
The NASCAR Diversity Internship Program (NDIP) is a 10-week, paid summer internship that seeks diverse undergraduate and graduate college students with high academic standing at elite institutions. NASCAR Diversity Interns contribute to the complex motorsports workforce; learn from leading sports executives in weekly Lunch and Learns; and network with industry professionals .
What I will be doing...
The Graphic Design intern will work with the creative team in editing photos, website development and upkeep and creating graphic work for all platforms.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop graphically designed pieces for various platforms including invitations, posters, social media and digital
- Utilize photo editing software
- Create responsive mobile web design
Skills I need to be successful in this role...
Major or Area of Study: Graphic Design
Computer Skills: Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Be a member of one or more of the following races/ethnic minority classifications: Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Latino or Hispanic, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
- Be currently enrolled in, or be considered a recent graduate of an undergraduate or graduate degree program who has not graduated before fall semester 2018
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible to work in the U.S.
- Be at least in their sophomore year of college
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be willing to relocate to Florida, North Carolina or various locations across the United States
- The selection team will be conducting rolling interviews- students are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible
- Students only need to submit ONE application; applicants will be considered for all internship positions in their desired field(s)
- The application period for consideration to the NASCAR Diversity Internship Program for summer 2019 is September 17, 2018- December 31, 2018