Director-Pharmacy System 340B Program,(FT), Days
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Lebanon, New Hampshire, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Science & Technology
Job Contact: Click apply
Develop the strategy, vision, and business plans for facilities in the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Heath (D-HH) system that participate in or may be eligible to participate in the 340B Drug Discount Program. Manages and improves the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of the D-HH programs. Leads, plans, directs, and coordinates the business operations of the programs for D-HH.
Monitors regulatory requirements, guidelines, and program changes and is accountable for maintaining a compliant program. Fosters working relationships for staff with business functions outside of pharmacy including supply chain, finance, legal, compliance, IT, and external vendors. Provides guidance for 340B Program education and training of stakeholders, associated leaders, and staff.
1. Provides 340B Program leadership and oversight across the health system.
2. Supports implementation, maintenance, and viability across all covered entities.
3. Serves as the compliance expert related to policies, procedures, and best practices for D-HH.
4. Acts as the liaison with necessary affiliated departments (ie, compliance, legal, finance, IT, pharmacy) to ensure program integrity.
5. Develops and maintains external relationships (Apexus, HRSA, wholesalers, manufacturers, contract pharmacies, vendors, pharmacy benefit managers, third party administrators), as needed.
6. Provides ongoing education, training, and communications to all staff regarding operations and compliance.
7. Ensures consistent policies and procedures including all federal and state requirements and guidelines. Provides expertise on all applicable legislation and policy changes from HRSA and OPA, informing and collaborating with legal and compliance teams. Ensures annual HRSA recertification is completed. Assists with the registration of any new sites. Assists with the termination of programs as needed. Monitors and assesses 340B guidance and/or rule changes, including, but not limited to HRSA/OPA rules and Medicaid changes. Develops internal auditing processes of the 340B Program at all covered entities. Ensures that internal audits follow current regulatory compliance recommendations, and are completed at the facility level.
8. Responsible for program compliance. Ensures compliance with all aspects of the 340B Program and implements all applicable aspects of HRSA's OPA guidance, as well as organizational policies and procedures.
9. Notifies HRSA and/or manufacturers as required for diversion.
10. Monitors purchasing records for each covered entity; documents utilization, savings, problem areas, and exceptions or discrepancies. Monitors 340B pricing exclusions or shortages and establishes appropriate alternative products that are included when possible. Reviews 340B formulary pricing, potential alternatives, and possible additional savings as a result of GPO formulary.
11. Constructs appropriate metrics to review current performance and identify areas for improvement. Coordinates monthly financial reporting and analysis, including, but not limited to, metric reporting, scorecards, and variance analysis and reporting.
12. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
? MS in Healthcare Leadership/Healthcare Management, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
? Pharm D. preferred
? Minimum of 5-10 years of clinical pharmacy leadership with 3-5 years of experience in 340B program
? 340B Apexus Certification (required within 6 mo of start date)
? Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and possess the ability to set priorities and make critical decision.
? Managerial effectiveness, problem solving, and change management abilities desired.
? Effective oral and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated interpersonal and team skills essential.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
? Graduate of an ACPE accredited school of Pharmacy
? Current unrestricted NH licensure (or licensed within 90 days of hire)