Director of Social Services
Diamond Healthcare Corporation
Findlay, Ohio, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Executive Positions
Director of Social Services needed for a new Behavioral Health Program
- Completes Psychosocial Assessments and conducts psychotherapy groups
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team and contributes to treatment planning
- Coordinates family meetings
- Creates discharge plans, including placement in long term care facilities or other dispositions
- Assists in program development and implementation.
- Provides direct clinical development and training.
- Supervises other social work staff at the facility
- Develops strategies that result in a positive facility image.
- Ensures that additional services, i.e., research, in-service training, new programs and services are planned, implemented, and documented according to professional clinical standards.
This position will entail both direct clinical care and administrative duties.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about age-specific needs of geriatric and adult populations and be skilled in a wide variety of behavioral health theories, modalities, assessments, planning, and interventions.
- Ohio Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) is required; Supervisor (S) designation is preferred.
- 3+ years of adult or geriatric behavioral health, substance use treatment, group therapy and/or assessment experience is strongly preferred.
- Management experience is strongly preferred.
Sojourn at Seneca is a 24-bed senior behavioral health hospital, serving the senior populations in a contemporary healing environment. Inpatient treatment programs have been developed by the highest level clinicians to have a profoundly positive impact on the broad range of unique behavioral needs of our guests. Our focus is on restoring peace of mind and control of behaviors, ultimately leading to more fulfilling, connected lives.