Director of Sales
Meridian Manor | Administration
Wayzata, Minnesota, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Sales & Marketing
Do you love what you do, but not where you're doing it?
Are you looking for an opportunity to advance in your career with a growing organization?
Do you thrive in an environment where meaningful work happens every day?
Interested? Keep reading!
Meridian Manor, a newly-renovated senior lifestyle community located just a few short blocks from historic downtown Wayzata, Minnesota is looking for caring, fun and energetic Activities Coordinator to join our team! As a Transforming Age community, Meridian Manor is comprised of dedicated and caring people who have a strong desire to enrich the lives of older adults and our team members.
Title: Director of Sales & Marketing (IL) Department: Marketing
Reports to: Executive Director Location: Meridian Manor
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time Effective Date: December 13, 2017
Why Meridian Manor?
- Work/Life Balance: We have multiple shifts and flexible schedules
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits: We have the benefits you're looking for as well as other unique perks for full-time, part-time and on-call team members
- A culture of FUN and commitment to the care of our residents, our communities and each other
- Your opinion matters: We share ideas, we listen and work together to make great things happen
The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for developing and implementing a marketing and sales program to ensure maximum occupancy and revenue levels are achieved for the Community.
Essential Job Functions:
Achieve maximum occupancy and revenue levels by keeping building at or above budgeted monthly occupancy.
Handle and coordinate all aspects of the sale process from inquiry calls, cold calling, conducting tours, follow-up calls and communication, lead management software updates, and closing the sale. Ensure community staff identified as back-up for inquiries/tours is up-to-date and inquiry process to ensure inquiries are handled properly at all times.
Work closely with the management team on developing, implementing strategies and an ongoing 90-day plan for increasing qualified inquiries, traffic and sales.
Compile a weekly marketing report for delivery to corporate on inquiries, tours, move-ins, move-outs, and outreach for each week.
Capture key data on inquiries and log into lead management software within 48 hours of inquiry so all inquiries are documented. All existing inquiries in the software system need to have "next steps" scheduled to maintain constant contact.
Stay informed on key market competitors' strengths, weaknesses, and pricing with quarterly competitive analysis/SWOT reports.
Utilize strong interpersonal skills in identifying and maintaining key relationships with community and professional sources.
Participate with management team to assure the marketability of the Community including:
Upkeep and attractiveness
Utilization of internal events for marketing
Accountable for in-house marketing and sales training.
Promote the Mission, Vision and Values of Transforming Age in all areas of responsibility.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in marketing or sales is preferred
Five years' experience in marketing and sales is preferred; experience and/or knowledge of the senior living industry.
Management experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The ability to speak, read and comprehend the English language
- Able to take initiative and direction
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated success in a sales environment
- Must be multi-task oriented
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products
- A desire and ability to relate to and continue learning about the senior population
- Must be self-disciplined, driven, able to demonstrate initiative, maintain confidentiality, competitive, attentive to details, persistent, and personable
- Doctor's statement verifying employee is free from communicable disease
- The ability to work well within a team environment
- Must possess current and valid driver's license consistent with the requirements determined by size of vehicle and laws of the state in which the driver is licensed.
Physical Requirements (for Essential Job Functions):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to perform the following activities:
- Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Climbing. Ascending or descending stairs.
- Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. Occasionally the employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing. Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling. Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul, or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Reaching. Extending hands and arms in any direction.
- Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand.
- Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Seeing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Far Acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 feet or more. Near Acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less. Depth Perception: ability to judge distance and space relationships. Field of Vision: ability to see peripherally. Accommodation: ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Sitting: Sits 7 hours per day; stands and walks 1 hour per day (combined).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is rarely required to perform the following activities:
- Balancing. Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling.
- Kneeling. Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching. Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Crawling. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. There is continuous exposure to residents who are ill, confused, irritable, and irrational.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the team member(s) incumbent in this position. Team Members(s) will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or others. The requirements in the document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.