Director of Quality/Performance Measurement and Improvement
Beacon Health Options
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Executive Positions
Beacon Health Options
Job Category: Clinical - Quality Mgmt
Req #: DIREC03107
Schedule: Full Time
Location: CO - Colorado Springs
We Help People Live their Lives to the Fullest Potential!
For more than 30 years, Beacon has changed the way people live with behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader in behavioral health management, serving 40 million people across all 50 states. At Beacon, we are committed to delivering a 'world-class' candidate experience from the moment you click 'Apply'! Our goal is to help you reach your fullest potential, while utilizing your talents and expertise to help us deliver on our promise.
Do you have a passion for helping others? If so, we are looking for you!
Beacon is currently seeking Director of Quality (Performance Measurement and Improvement) for the Southeast Central Region. The Director of Quality Improvement will be responsible for Regional Quality Improvement and Performance Measurement projects. At the direction of Regional Director of Quality, the Director of Quality Improvement is responsible for Quality and performance improvement projects, both those generated internally and those conducted in collaboration with external organizations. The Director will identify opportunities for improvement within data and analytics, develop strategic intervention strategies related to HEDIS and other quality measures, design implementation and measurement plans, and oversee related Regional Quality Management activities including data management, statistical analysis, and data visualization. The Director will be responsible for ongoing project updates to leadership, as well as assessing intervention/ implementation effectiveness in achieving both Regional and Corporate quality goals
What does a typical day look like?
- Develop and implement methods to monitor and trend performance on key clinical and quality indicators
- Uses statistical approach to evaluation, isolating variables to identify associations and developing best practice communication
- Connect process and interventions to outcomes measures for assessment of effectiveness and recommendations for modifications or enhancements
- Manages regional efforts to improve quality measures (HEDIS, QARR, etc.) and maintains index of active regional interventions.
- Leads development of Quality Improvement strategies, Quality Improvement Activities and PIPs for the Region
- Leads HEDIS and performance improvement workgroups for the region
- Partner closely with Corporate Quality to ensure full regional alignment with performance measurement initiatives
- Analyzes clinical data for clinical quality improvement and leads clinical teams in intervention design and measurement.
- Uses data sources across clinical department to improve performance on UM and CM outcomes.
- Works with Provider Quality to improve to improve provider HEDIS/QARR measures
- Applies strong plan-do-check-act continuous quality improvement strategies for monitoring success of implementations.
- Develops an organized system for monitoring P4Ps, SLA, PGs, etc. and performs risk assessment on attainment and develops action plans for reaching targets, trending performance over time to set benchmarks and predict attainment.
- Uses data and analytics for root cause analysis and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Strategically utilize data for evaluation of clinical improvements and partner with clinical VPs for organizational Quality Improvement
- Approves measurement plans to evaluate work plan success
- Uses rolling 12-month data for real-time reporting and suggests interventions that align with the P-D-S-A model of Quality Improvement
- Leverage internal data to innovate measures that support Beacon's strategic goals
- Develops a report card across SUD and MH services to assess client and market performance
- Develop stratified facility reports and collaborate with Provider Quality Managers to use reports as basis for QIAs
- Perform other duties as directed.
- 5% travel both local and overnight
What you Contribute?
Education: Master's degree required. PhD highly preferred.
Licensure: Driver's license required.
Relevant work experience: Requires a minimum of 5-8 years experience in a related field as well as experience managing/supervising a team
What Makes Us Different?
- Here, it's not just a job - it's an opportunity to change lives.
- Our employees are learners, innovators and original thinkers.
- Our mission and values guide the way we treat our members, providers and each other.
What We Have to Offer:
- Healthcare benefits available starting day 1!
- Health & wellbeing incentives, such as gym membership reimbursement
- 401K with company match to help reach your future financial goals
- Generous PTO, because we know life happens outside of work
If Beacon sounds like the place for you, what are you waiting for? Apply with us today to get started!
Click below on "Apply for this Position" to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options company, is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.