Director of Operations
Advance Call Center Technologies
Junction City, Kansas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Executive Positions
The Director of Operations is accountable for directing the day-to-day operations of an operating group. Incumbent is responsible for maintaining the efficiency and effectiveness of the operation, including direct client interface, customer satisfaction, employee development, and fiscal accountability. The Director executes strategic direction set by the client and Executive Staff. The role includes executing tactical plans within to achieve the strategic objectives.
- Hands On Floor Leader.
- Function as a key member of the management team to provide value-added service to client companies.
- Work closely with colleagues from Operations, Sales, IT, and Corporate to successfully meet client needs and complete various projects.
- Be flexible and open to managing varied work situations and support multiple projects.
- Apply performance improvement tools and techniques for process improvements.
- Directly interface with client on a daily basis to develop and sustain business processes and practices that result in number one rankings and sustained client relationships.
- Provide specific guidance to managers, employees and other staff to ensure that the focus is correct and the work is accomplished on time, within budget and meets or exceeds the highest quality standards.
- Manage work in such a way that results in number one performance for the client
- Customer satisfaction - interact with internal and external clients to ensure continuous customer satisfaction.
- Oversee staff to insure accurate and timely tactical processes.
- Recommend and approve salary increases, transfers, and promotions; develop performance plans, monitor progress, coach and evaluate employees; provide training and other developmental programs for staff; and, interview, select, and terminate associates within guidelines.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
- BS/BA (or 3+ years of relevant working experience) or related field, MBA preferred.
- 3+ years vendor management in an outsourcing environment
- 3+ years working in a management capacity supervising exempt personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to work both with technical and operational personnel
- Demonstrated experience and expertise within the BPO call center industry (inbound and outbound).
- A track record of success and career progression in call center management.
- Change management skills to develop critical people-based processes
- Demonstrated track record of leadership roles on specific projects
- Possess broad business knowledge. Technical skills should support an understanding of business issues and the specific impact of technology upon people and processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point and other related applications.
- Flexible in dealing with frequent and erratic client demands.
* Affordable benefits for you, your spouse, and/or children after 90 days!
* Paid time off and paid holidays after 90 days!
ACT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. ACT expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ACT's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.