Director of Marketing
San Leandro, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Executive Positions
Do you love Chocolate? Be among the first to sample all new Ghirardelli chocolate products before they are available in stores by being part of the team to develop and bring new chocolate products to market.
This is an important senior leadership role in the Ghirardelli organization, responsible for marketing the strategically critical everyday confections business (Squares, bars, snacks, etc.) which represent over $200m of net sales. The candidate must be a strong Director of Marketing/Marketing Manager with drive, solid leadership skills and a proven track record for success. The expectation would be that this individual would be ready for a head of marketing role in a major Lindt subsidiary in 2-3 years.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Manage the product P&Ls to meet volume and profit targets
- Drive overall business by developing, evaluating and recommending product and marketing programs that are based on consumer, customer and competitive trends, and consistent with volume and profit targets.
- Improve product profitability through changes to the product line (pricing, packaging, channels, SKU rationalization) as appropriate.
- Track and analyze business results as a basis for recommending strategy and plans.
- Prepare annual volume, spending and profit plans, track volume and profit versus plan, evaluate monthly spending against budget and recommend modifications as needed throughout the year.
- Identify new growth platforms for business units.
- Participate in development of product line five-year plan.
Lead development and execution of Marketing Plans with uncompromising focus on supporting the premium equity of Ghirardelli
- Lead development of 3+ year marketing vision and plan for the Everyday Confections business and mobilize the company and external partners to deliver it.
- Initiate and manage marketing programs to effectively build the business and enhance brand equity including advertising, point of purchase, trade and consumer promotions and public relations.
- Lead new product launch activity, including developing timelines, monitoring progress of all functional areas against timelines, and providing direction for developing products, packaging and marketing programs.
- Be the consumer advocate within the organization. Conduct consumer research as needed to build consumer knowledge and inform decision making..
- Partner with Sales to develop programs that maximize impact at POS and drive incremental sales. Act as marketing liaison with key accounts to further develop business and partnership.
Management and Leadership
- Provide leadership in a fast paced environment with stretch goals.
- Set objectives, plan project steps and resources needed, and manage execution.
- Train and develop subordinates for promotion. Inspire team for success and fulfillment in their jobs.
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Functional expertise across all areas of marketing mix
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinker and able to lead development of break-through ideas
- Strong analytical skills. Able to define actionable solutions from complex data
- Solid financial and commercial/sales acumen
- Highly organized; detail-oriented. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong formal presentation skills
- International mobility a plus
Education and Work Experience
- Graduate Degree preferred
- 8-plus years of related sales/marketing experience required
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Brand Manager or above in a packaged goods company
- Experience in overseeing strategy/execution of a variety of marketing tools including advertising, consumer promotion and consumer research
- Experience in leading a team of brand marketers to deliver business goals
That's why we make sure that all of our team members, even if you are new to the company, have the opportunity to work on exciting, challenging projects and are given everything they need to do their best work. So we invite you to explore our opportunities and discover a place where your ideas come to life, as part of our delicious legacy.