Director (f/m/d) Oncology Target Discovery
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Science & Technology
Design. Progress. Together.
CureVac AG is a biopharmaceutical company researching and developing novel drugs based on the natural molecule Messenger RNA (mRNA). Our focus is on innovative cancer immunotherapies, prophylactic vaccines and molecular therapies. Currently, about 470 RNA people are striving to achieve our main goal: To bring the first mRNA-based drug worldwide to the market.
To strengthen our global R&D team in Boston, Massachusetts, or in Frankfurt/Main, Germany, or in Tuebingen, Germany, we are seeking aDirector (f/m/d) Oncology Target Discovery
Job ID: 5
The Director of Oncology Target Discovery is responsible for new target identification and definition of drug candidates in the area of Oncology. The position has high visibility and is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to shape and influence the strategic directions and portfolio of the Oncology Discovery platform of CureVac.
The Director Oncology Target Discovery will directly report to the VP Preclinical Development.
- Lead the Oncology Target Discovery group; mentor, guide and lead research scientists in the group
- The position will lead and manage a number of research projects and will direct the discovery research of novel approaches that leverage mRNA's full potential in the area of Oncology to build and advance our therapeutic oncology pipeline, including by external research collaborations
- Responsible for lead authorship of pertinent sections of internal and external regulatory documents (IBs, IMPDs, INDs, preclinical development plans, etc.)
- Be an active member in and interact with multidisciplinary project teams to meet project goals and timelines; supply translational development initiatives with pharmacological expertise and advice development teams
- Communicate critical and significant project information to relevant stakeholders
- Actively participate in due diligences and provide Oncology/Discovery Research expertise
- Closely interact with the Therapeutic Area Head Oncology, Oncology Research department, Technology as well as with Development departments (Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Development)
- Will serve as a key advisor to Oncology Research and Development project teams and leadership to identify programs for combination studies with immunotherapy compounds
- PhD and postdoctoral experience in immunology/oncology along with relevant Oncology Discovery and Development experience in the biopharmaceutical industry (minimum of 8 years)
- Strong knowledge/expertise in the fields of tumor biology and immunology as well as immunotherapy
- In-depth understanding of state-of-the-art methods relevant to exploration of tumor interactions with the immune system, and evaluations of candidate immunotherapeutics
- Experience in the design and implementation of relevant in vitro and in vivo studies to explore immunotherapeutic approaches to target tumors
- Strong knowledge of translational biomarkers relevant to T-cell activity in the tumor microenvironment; experience in managing early stage therapeutic research programs, and demonstrated success of moving projects forward to clinical evaluation
- Exemplary record of research as evidenced by publications and patents
- Demonstrated successful management of multiple scientific projects and makes sound scientific interpretations and evaluations
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to develop solid, long-term relationships and to work effectively in a cross-functional team setting/matrix-type organization
- Proven leadership capabilities and ability to motivate and empower team members
- Strong written and oral communication skills and self-motivation
With much passion and sense of responsibility, we work together on the medical revolution. We pride ourselves on maintaining an honest and trusting relationship with each other which is characterized by openness to new ideas and continuous progress. Mutual respect, reliability and personal initiative are self-evident for us.
Design your future with us - become part of the RNA people !
We look forward to receiving your application via our CareerPortal .CureVac AG
Ms. Slavica Stevanovic-Heck
Arzt Ärztin Diplom Mediziner Medizinerin Diplom-Mediziner Diplom-Medizinerin Medizin Medizinischer Leiter Leiterin Leitung Forschungsmediziner Forschungsmedizinerin Onkologe Onkologin Onkologie Immunologie Life Sciences Specialist Clinical Trial Studienorganisation Studienvorbereitung Studienbetreuung Studienauswertung Studiendokumentation Dokumentation Organisation Messenger RNA mRNA DNA-Forschung DNA Pharmazie Pharmaindustrie Biopharmazie Pharmatechnologie Forschung Pharma CureVac GmbH 60325 Frankfurt am Main Hessen Tübingen bei Stuttgart Baden-Württemberg 72076 Boston Massachusetts ax88633by