Direct Support Professional - Human Services Technician
State Of Minnesota
Alexandria, Minnesota, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
# Job Summary
**This announcement will be used to fill multiple permanent, full-time, part-time, and intermittent (on-call) vacancies. Shifts may be rotating (day/evening) or overnight.**
This is a direct patient care vacancy within a State-Operated Community Behavioral Health Hospital (CBHH) - Alexandriai. A Community Behavioral Health Hospital provides short-term, acute inpatient psychiatric services in a 16-bed community-based setting. Natural support structures are incorporated into treatment by serving patients as close as possible to their home communities.
The person selected for this position will have the following responsibilities:
* Facilitate admission and discharge functions.
* Complete the demographic/technical admission procedure for patients entering the CBHH so that an optimum level of health and comfort may be attained.
* Provide optimal physical and mental health care (according to the scope of this position) so that optimal health and outcomes can be achieved and maintained.
* Maintain an acceptable environment of care.
* Participate as a member of the integrated treatment team in the development/implementation of individual patient behavioral treatment plans and by promoting illness management and recovery process.
* Perform delegated treatments and procedures within policy.
* Maintain a hazard-free environment through awareness of safety standards and response to emergency calls so that major crises may be prevented and/or handled appropriately.
* Perform housekeeping tasks so that a healthful and aesthetic environment is maintained.
* Actively participate in and assist with the collection, organization of monitoring and evaluation data as requested so that patient care services are continuously maintained and improved.
* Participate in in-service training and quality improvement activities so that the best possible care is provided to patients.
## Minimum Qualifications
* Ability to read and write English sufficient to understand/follow directions and to maintain records/documentation.
* Human relations skills sufficient to establish rapport with and provide direction to service recipients.
* Valid Driver's License.
## Preferred Qualifications
* Patient care experience within a mental health setting.
## Additional Requirements
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
## Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.
## How to Apply
Click ?Apply? at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at .
For additional information about the application process, go to
If you have questions about the position, contact Debora Lund at .
If you are a applying as a Connect 700 candidate, please email your eligibility certificate and job ID #24411 to Jessica Engle at by the position closing date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services' ADA Coordinator at .
* * *
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at or email . Please indicate what assistance you need.
*Job Title:* Direct Support Professional - Human Services Technician
*Job ID:* 24411
*Full/Part Time:* Part-Time
*Who May Apply:* Open to all qualified job seekers
*Date Posted:* 10/30/2018
*Closing Date:* 11/29/2018
*Hiring Agency:* Department of Human Services
*Division/Unit:* Direct Care & Treatment Services/Mental Health & Substance Abuse Treatment Services
*Work Shift:* Varies
*Work Hours:* Varies
*Days of Work:* Varies
*Travel Required:* No
*Salary Range:* $14.55 - $23.08 /hourly; $30,380 - $48,191 /annually
*Classified Status:* Classified
*Connect 700 Program Eligible:* Yes
*Job Class:* Human Services Technician
*Working Title:* Direct Support Specialist