DevOps Engineer with Azure Eco System Knowledge
Seattle, Washington, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
DevOps Engineer with strong Linux, Azure a Plus
Our Client is an award-winning Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning startup focusing on Marketing Automation. They have just finished a migrating from on premise to 100% Azure cloud. Our client needs to quickly increase their internal Azure deployment competency as most of the team is currently AWS experienced.
Start Date: Immediate
Duration: Minimum six months
Location: Downtown Seattle
Looking for an expert on Azure Cloud Infrastructure, experience with Agile, using two-week sprints using Jira/Confluence. Experience on Hadoop very helpful in this role.
- DevOps = traditional System Operations (Not SW product Dev)
- Architecting, Analyzing, Configuration, Optimizing and Managing 3 different environment.
- Focus on Scalability, availability, reporting, and smooth operations
- Terraform and Chef
- Knows Azure & MS cloud eco system well. Help evangelize it internally
- Expert on Cloud Infrastructure and MS Eco-system
This position will also work closely with other teams to extend and document the enterprise infrastructure and monitoring systems. You will also be responsible for planning and execution of small to large-scale projects within the Technology teams under the direction of the manager.
This role requires your A-Game: deep technical proficiency in both enterprise-scale systems as well as next gen cloud native applications required.
Day to day, this person will be working with Jenkins, Kubernetes, Azure (via terraform), and overall customer support.
- Experience working in a high capacity, highly scalable mission-critical web serving environment
- Experience with systems integration and design including writing operational specifications, test plans and requirements management with attention to detail
- UNIX/LINUX and Windows (only as far as AD) experience, including expertise in system installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
- Web Application and Java application server expertise including installation, administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
- Some PgSQL Administration setup, configuration and basic database troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of internet standards such as HTTP, DNS, FTP, SSH, HTML, XML, JDBC, ODBC, SNMP and other protocols
- Understanding of high availability hardware and database systems design and implementation including cluster management, redundancy and failover testing
- Knowledge of storage systems (SAN, NAS, RAID Array, etc.)
- Network hardware architecting experience, switches, routers, and network troubleshooting
- Ability to produce system documentation (Jira, Confluence), including writing requirements, operational specifications, system architecture, test plans and as-built documentation, all with attention to detail
- Familiarity with ITIL and Service Management best practices is a plus.
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence others across the organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of agile project methodologies
- 5+ years experience designing, supporting and deploying Internet-based products or services
- 4+ years operating complex, large-scale Enterprise guest-facing Applications or web sites
- provided by Dice