Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
We are looking for a DevOps Engineering for our client locate in St. Louis
This is a DevOps Engineering position working with about 100 web applications and their supporting services spanning several software engineering teams. The successful candidate will have solid hands-on experience in implementing and operating DevOps for multiple production applications. This position requires strong technical and organizational skills, attention to detail, and good communications skills. This individual will interface with both engineering and infrastructure teams and must be able to quickly form productive and positive working relationships with this staff. The successful candidate must be a team player and enjoy working with other teams on challenging projects.
- Initially work will be concentrated on updating current self-hosted application s infrastructure and creation of build and deployment automation for those applications. Shortly, work will include devops into AWS and Azure cloud environments.
- Interface and work with engineering, infrastructure, and architecture teams in defining requirements for application specific DevOps processes.
- Automate and manage continuous integration builds.
- Automate and manage deployment of all operating environments, including production, staging, testing and development environments.
- Application health monitoring and assist with troubleshooting when application issues are detected.
- Run regular vulnerability software scans, remediation, if possible, otherwise, creating tickets for engineering and infrastructure teams to remediate.
- Assist engineering teams in engaging their processes.
- Root cause analysis of application downtime.
- Support DevOps needs for automated testing.
- Understand the interdependencies of various systems within and across applications.
- Work under the direction of the DevOps Manager.
- Strong knowledge of Windows/IIS based systems.
- Good knowledge of PowerShell.
- Solid understanding of Git based version control systems.
- Practical experience of continuous integration, continuous build, test automation.
- Practical experience designing, building, maintaining, migrating, tuning, administering, supporting, and problem solving in complex application and server environments, working collaboratively with application, network and system teams to resolve problems.
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely. Must have excellent written and oral communications, including technical and process documentation.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and be able to implement effective DevOps solutions.
- Experience with .Net, Cold Fusion, and Java software runtime environments
- Experience with SQL Server operations
- Knowledge of F5 Big-IP configuration and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Linux/Tomcat/Apache based systems, and experience troubleshooting applications running on that platform.
- Experience with TeamCity
- Experience with AWS and Azure devops
- Experience with SSL certificate management
- Experience with nodejs automation tooling such as gulp
- Experience working in Jira and Bitbucket in an agile process methodology
- Experience with MS Azure Application Insights
- Knowledge of DNS management
- Knowledge of TLS configuration