Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Yaka Labs is a well-funded San Francisco-based startup working in conjunction with Self-Sovereign Identity provider GlobaliD to develop a state-of-the-art ledger and wallet solution to transact in fiat, crypto, financial, and real assets. We're looking for a Senior DevOps / Operations Engineer to join our team and quickly make an impact within the infrastructure operations space. In this role you will help our development team deploy, secure and maintain a multi-region, highly available digital transactions platform.
We are still a small team, and everyone here can have a big impact on our future. We need highly motivated, teamwork focused, expert technologists to join us as we prepare for the public launch of our platform. This role will be pivotal in the infrastructure-as-code layer, helping to efficiently orchestrate all phases of the DevOps Lifecycle.
If you have experience with production operations, if you love automating AWS cloud services, and you want to help build something awesome from an early stage then we want to hear from you!
This is a unique and challenging opportunity with significant upside potential.
This position is entirely remote.
● Support existing wallet application and lead deployment operations
● Automate complex deployment pipelines with zero-downtime tolerance
● Monitor performance of application and infrastructure
● Collaborate with Engineering to create incident response processes
● Respond to operational issues and automate operational recovery processes
● Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, and Engineering teams to assist with technical issues and support their architectural, software, data infrastructure, and analytics needs
● Create and maintain a culture of best deployment practices
● AWS Cloud Services
● AWS Security Group experience
● AWS IAM Role experience
● Slack Integration/Automation
● GitLab or similar CI/CD pipelines
● Docker container orchestration
● Database deployment, maintenance, backup/restore
● Orchestration tools; ansible, chef or similar
● Infrastructure deployment tools; terraform or similar
● Logging and monitoring with ELK stack or similar
● Scripting in Python or similar