DevOps Engineer 5G
Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
You help us build a new product that provides 5G "mobile network as a service" to the business world. Thanks to your contribution, our customers benefit from state-of-the-art 5G mobile network enablers such as ultra-reliable low-latency communication, private networks, edge computing, or Massive IoT. You shape the product architecture from network to systems and IT architecture, and you help us define the best service model. In addition, you automate testing with the CI/CD pipeline and improve end-to-end monitoring. You implement mobile network functions as containers, and you find innovative solutions to our customers' problems.
- Degree (ETH/Uni/UAS) in computer science or equivalent degree
- Experience with telecommunication technologies (Mobile, MPLS, SD-WAN), network orchestration, service modelling, and APIs
- Familiar with programming/scripting (Java/Python), network function virtualization (OpenStack), and Linux systems
- Know-how of test automation, database- and application development; CI/CD pipelines (GIT, Jenkins, Ansible, Artifactory), service monitoring (Kafka, Prometheus, Grafana) and cloud technologies (Docker/Kubernetes) is a plus
- Product development experience with strong customer focus is a plus
- Happy to work in a small agile team, willing to cooperate with a network of internal and external partners using the SAFe framework
- Analytical and conceptual personality, entrepreneurial mindset, flexible and embracing change, passionate about learning new technologies
- Very good Englisch and German