Technet IT 70,000 - 80,000 € per annum
Experience Level (years): Any
Antwerp, Belgium, Belgium
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Information Technology
Job Contact: Seamus Mulholland
ROLE: DevOps Architect
SALARY: €70,000 - €80,000
My client is a leading start up taking their space by storm. Due to continued growth they require a Senior Infrastructure Architect to join their Data Engineering Team in Antwerp.
- Your main objective will be to lead Operations of the Platform.
- You facilitate release management of new components.
- You implement logging, monitoring and alerting within the Platform.
- You harden the platform against intrusions.
- You work closely with the Platform Squad on the architecture and design of the Platform.
- You coach junior engineers on pitfalls and best practices of highly scalable infrastructure.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Academic degree (BSc or MSc) in computer science or related field.
- Proven experience running operations for systems with millions of users that process terabytes of data.
- Ability to build out an Operations team to support business goals.
- Cloud computing (pref. Amazon Web Services).
- Shell scripting and automation, you know Linux inside out.
- Infrastructure-as-code is your mantra: you know server provisioning tools (e.g. Ansible) and containers (e.g. Docker).
- Monitoring frameworks (e.g. Nagios, ELK, …).
- Programming in Java and/or Python.
- Fluent in English.
Experience with any of the following is considered a plus:
- Database (SQL/NOSQL) administration.
- Experience with Microservices.
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem tools (Spark, Kafka, HDFS, YARN, …) and/or distributions (Cloudera, Hortonworks).