Lorax Compliance Ltd
salary: 60000.00 British Pound . GBP Annual
Rugby, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Job Contact: Lorax Compliance Ltd
Who are you
You are an experienced software development professional looking to take on the responsibility of leading a dynamic team of developers within an agile and growing young company. You should relish the chance to work with the latest cloud and serverless technologies and enjoy the challenge of learning the ins and outs of an existing application and how it can be improved. You are excited at the prospect of growing the team, improving management processes and pushing forward with new methodologies and technologies. You have a passion for software engineering and a desire to stay at the forefront of modern software development. You have an environmental conscience and want to work for a like-minded ethical company with an easy-going atmosphere.
Who are we
Lorax Compliance Ltd is an environmental technology company based in Rugby, Warwickshire. Founded in 2014, our vision is to provide the finest technology and expertise within the scope of international Stewardship and Extended Producer Responsibility for companies with an environmental conscience.
The companies we work with are obligated under the Extended Producer Responsibility regulations, which make them responsible for the waste they create; this covers the products they produce (electronic, batteries, textiles, tyres), the packaging they supply it in and the supply-chain they purchase it from.
The regulations we handle are worldwide; we have an international presence both in reporting scope and customers.
What we offer
A competitive salary, profit linked bonus, the opportunity to request flexible working hours and remote or home based working days alongside a benefits package which includes a cycle-to-work scheme, free fruit & cereal bars in the office and many opportunities for professional or personal growth.
Based in our Rugby offices, you will be joining a friendly specialist team and be responsible for all aspects of managing and growing an in-house software development department. You will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer and attend regular management meetings as the head of the development department. The role will suit an existing development team leader, scrum master, software development project manager or an experienced developer who wants to progress their career.
• Fulfil the strategic direction of the CTO by way of effective project scoping, planning and management
• Facilitate and chair all scrum activities including stakeholder meetings, bi-weekly sprint planning meetings, retrospectives and daily scrums
• Continuous deployment of software obeying release processes and meeting quality at all stages
• Ensure the team are meeting company goals, KPIs and development targets
• Develop, manage, coach and mentor the software development team
• Bachelor's degree, professional qualifications or relevant experience
• Excellent communicator with an ability to inspire and collaborate with a range of stakeholders
• Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies
• In-depth knowledge of cloud based and serverless architectures
• At least 3 years' experience in Agile SCRUM methodologies
• Ability to hire, train and evaluate staff, hold performance reviews and meet team KPIs
• Strong record of leading development teams within Agile Scrum methodologies
• Good working knowledge of relational databases (Microsoft SQL), NoSQL databases (DynamoDB) and warehousing databases (Redshift)
• Extensive knowledge of .NET - C#, MVC, WCF, .NET Core, .NET Docker Containers
• At least 8 years Software Development experience
• UK driving licence
If this sounds like you, click APPLY now!