Core & Main
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Design, develop (code), test, and debug applications. Provide Ready-to-Serve and development support. Maintain, enhance and provide solutions for software applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision.
- Design, develop, maintain and support existing database structures/interfaces/queries (stored procedures, views, etc.) that provide the necessary info to the front end applications/tools.
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases/queries and investigate solutions. Diagnose and resolve database performance issues.
- Participate in support of Data Warehouse, Product Life Cycle Interface and Data Services.
- Has the ability to understand complex business requirements and to develop creative solutions to business problems.
- Provide preventative maintenance to application databases and logs
- Work with Information Technology team members to develop and maintain application support documentation.
- Work to support internal IT policies and procedures including Problem Management and Change Management programs.
- Look for opportunities to improve internal processes, and implement measures to control risk.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct "customers" of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
- Intrinsically motivated to solve problems and enable the success of others.
- Proven experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Customer Focus - Dedicated to meeting the needs of internal and external customers; listens effectively and establishes and maintains relationships and gains trust and respect.
- Ownership, Accountability, Responsibility and Compliance - Takes ownership of tasks, projects, and relationships and follows through on obligations and promises.
- Self-Development and Learning - Personally committed to learning and actively works to continuously develop professionally.
- Knowledge of database development, data processing methods, and data processing equipment.
- Understanding of technical logs and trouble-shooting.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or higher.
- Minimum of 3 years in database development role.
- Databases: SQL Server 2014 and above
- Strong SQL Server skills including: Schema Design, Database Maintenance, Stored Procedures, T-SQL, Query Optimization, Partitions, Aggregates, Joins, Indexes, and Columnstore Indexes.
- Experience using MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for data integration: ETL best practices, data cleansing, governance, and scheduling.
- Familiar with Data Warehousing best practices: Slowly Changing Dimensions, Change Data Capture.
- Data Modeling, Data Integration, and Data Governance.
- Familiar with SQL Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Familiar with PowerShell and C# scripting.
- Familiar with Solr.
- Familiar with TFS version control.