New York, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
The Designer will assist the Senior Director of Design and Vice President of Design in new club, expansion, and renovation projects while managing their own projects. The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform:
- Assist in the selection of material finishes, furniture, and accessories for new and existing clubs.
- Frequent collaboration with internal Architecture & Planning team.
- Coordination and support in the design process of a variety of outside Architect and Designer consultants.
- Travel with the opening team for new clubs and presale offices.
- Source pricing, lead time and stock availability of FF&E items and finish materials.
- Create and manage finish schedules throughout the duration of projects.
- Organize and track FF&E budgets for new clubs and renovation projects.
- Design and fabricate mood/materials boards for clubs and presale office.
- Order materials samples for presentations, and finish boards.
- Create multimedia PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets in Excel, and text documents in Word.
- Create blocking diagrams, floor plans, interior elevations, and cabinetry details in AutoCAD.
- Manage and implement standard interior signage package. (Send out to vendors for bid, review quote, locate signage appropriately and coordinate installation with construction.)
- Put together Flame Report for the Fire Department in new club districts: Order Flame Certificate from vendors, Complete forms for finishes, and order finishes
- Manage weekly package of deliverables for senior Design team
- Write purchase orders and send them to vendors for fabrication, Process check requests for FF&E and coordinate shipments and deliveries.
- Become familiar with Equinox spatial requirements.
- Photography and minor graphic design: Photograph clubs, create mood and finishes board, create renderings, and edit images. Professional photography is not required.
- Compile and organize high quality images of finishes for new clubs, for rendering purposes
- Bachelor degree in architecture or interior design.
- 3-5 years professional experience with architecture or design firm.
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Cafe' services and Shop items
NOTE: This Job Description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.