Designer I, Apparel - Bras
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
We are searching for a Designer I to focus on and elevate UA Bras.The Designer I will focus on Bras, but will also have opportunities to touch all parts of the brand, and have access to the latest technologies and innovations. This is an opportunity to be part of a great success story, as Under Armour builds and grows their Bras legacy.
- Support the Bra team under aggressive timelines
- Develop and execute clear and detailed technical kits for development
- Manage merchandising page and own color management of the line
- Build presentation files
- Partner on the creative process for a number of styles as a portion of the line
- Build and continually improve sports competency across all categories
- Interact cross functionally with PLM's, Developers, Patternmakers and Fabric Developers on seasonal line development, including Fit Sessions
- 3+ years of Design experience required; sport bra design experience preferred
- BA or BFA in Apparel or Industrial Design
- Strong communication skills for both interpersonal relationships and presentations
- Fast, efficient, nimble. Comfortable working in a shifting and collaborative environment with a great deal of constructive feedback and input.
- Ability to take direction and work with a team.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Passion every day to design compelling, cutting edge product.
- Knowledge and understanding of garment construction
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Initiative - Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
- Strong communication skills--written and oral
- Ability to work independently