Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
Whitestone REIT (NYSE: WSR) is a real estate investment trust ("REIT") that acquires, owns, manages, develops and redevelops high quality "internet-resistant" neighborhood, community and lifestyle centers.
The ideal candidate for the Design Specialist position should have a drive to embrace creativity and exhibit an organized work ethic. This position is a unique position as it works hand-in-hand with both the design aspect of our properties and spaces, as well as the construction and bringing the spaces to fruition. This candidate will collaborate with multiple departments, vendors, and tenants to ensure that projects are completed in a timely manner and the quality of the projects is justified. The Design Specialist will be essential to coordinating efforts with the design and construction team for Arizona as well as our other regions.
- Organize and drive team coordination to meet specified design standards developed by Corporate Strategy.
- Create colored elevations and perspective drawings using software such as Photoshop and Sketchup and space plans using software such as AutoCAD;
- Compile color mapping information for repaint projects;
- Communicate with tenants on a continuous basis to address needs and concerns of ongoing projects;
- Maintain current knowledge of local, state and federal building regulations;
- Coordinate meetings with vendors and city organizations for projects as necessary;
- Provide FF&E research, selections, budgeting, design presentations, and basic hand drawn sketches based on a projects as necessary;
- Assist with managing contractors and vendors on projects to ensure time limitations, budgets and the design principles of the project are met;
- Oversee development of project according to the design intent, production, delivery of quality FF&E specifications;
- Create approval packets and progress reports tracking all ongoing jobs and projects;
- Assist in obtaining permits and approvals from the city and certain organizations; and
- Other necessary responsibilities as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university required, Master's degree preferred;
- 3 year minimum experience in Construction/Architect/Interior Design industry;
- Experience in hospitality or retail strongly preferred;
- Strongly proficient in Microsoft Suite, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketchup, and other design software;
- Strong written and communication skills;
- Outstanding design and conceptual sensibility
- Ability to strong excel with internal departments and outside vendor management;
- Proven ability to meet demanding deadlines;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize heavy workloads
Travel Requirements: Local travel around Phoenix required