Design & Simulation Engineer
PROACTIVE TECHNICAL RECRUITMENT
salary: 45000.00 British Pound . GBP Annual
Astwood Bank, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Design and Simulation Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a small R&D team within a tier 1 automotive supplier, contributing to the development of innovative vehicle driveline technologies.
This is a permanent position within a Midlands based supplier. There will be opportunities to work on the Design and Analysis of some exciting blank sheet projects
This is a role suited to an engineer with some experience of mechanical design and an interest in the application of numerical simulation techniques to developing new concepts. The role will encompass the following responsibilities:
* Participation in the creation of new design concepts
* Simulation of mechanical systems through the use of calculations and numerical simulation
* Development of concept mechanical systems in CAD, and an understanding of the feasibility and manufacturability of the concepts
* Oversee the manufacture and functional testing of prototype devices
* Participate in design analysis activities, including the use of quality tools such as such as DFMEA
* Occasionally interface directly with customers to understand the technical requirements at a vehicle level
Essentially, the candidate must possess the following:
* Experience in mechanical design, and application of CAD tools (preferably Solidworks and/or Catia).
* Interest in mechanical systems modelling, particularly in simulation of their dynamic behaviour.
* Experience in working in a customer and supplier facing environment
Preferably the candidate would also be able to offer:
* Practical experience in design of vehicle driveline components.
* Use of simulation tools, (preferably Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow / Simscape)
* Practical experience in applying these tools in an automotive environment, and have some system calibration, instrumentation and data acquisition skills.
We would expect the candidate to be a graduate, with a degree in Mechanical Engineering, or some other relevant analytical discipline.
The prospective employer is a privately owned international automotive components group, whose components are fitted as original equipment by Volkswagen, PSA, Ford, FIAT, Aston Martin, Lotus, Iveco and Moto-Guzzi, amongst others.
The job is based in the West Midlands, however it would provide some opportunity to travel to other company sites and customer locations in Europe for short periods of time.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.