Design Engineer - Refrigeration
Bradford, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Manufacturing Operations
Job Title: Design Engineer - Refrigeration
Benefits: Contributory pension scheme 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays Health plan
Our client is one of the UK's leading air management experts, providing bespoke engineered equipment for a variety of commercial and industrial applications. We strive to provide 'best in class' solutions for our customers. Due to continued growth we are currently looking to recruit an experienced Design Engineer - Refrigeration.
As a Design Engineer - Refrigeration you will be responsible for the production of detailed design information on a range of product types, as part of our second line engineering process. You will form a key member of the design team provide support to both pre- and post-sales functions. You will take sales estimation proposals and develop them into mature solutions ready to be handed over to the projects team.
The design information will require a thorough review of scope of works, specification compliance and will entail the production of detailed general arrangement and fabrication drawings alongside the production of bill of materials.
* Taking ownership in developing designs to an agreed specification, including the key measures of meeting deadlines, meeting design criteria, liaising with suppliers
* Developing designs for projects from initial enquiry, producing costings and producing BOMs (Bill of Materials). Final design sign off of the above information required prior to handover to the project team
* Developing new product ranges as part of the Research and Development process
* Working as part of a multi discipline engineering team consisting of ventilation, building services, refrigeration, acoustic and control engineers to develop complex product solutions
* Liaising with the drawing department to produce accurate working drawings for production
* Liaising with the drawing department to produce sales proposal drawings
* Working on varied types of drawings from single line design concepts to intricate detailed manufacturing drawings
* Providing mentoring and technical support to other engineers and technicians on areas of speciality
* Keeping drawing schedules up to date for issued and received drawings
* Managing risk effectively, collaborating with all departments and adapting to situations
* Experience in design of range of complex refrigeration process
* Experience of installing refrigeration systems
* Experience of fault finding, diagnosing and commissioning refrigeration systems
* Experience of project managing refrigeration system installations
* Strong understanding of production and assembly processes within a fabrication environment
* F-Gas handling
* Experience of developing designs from an initial brief through to project handover
* Excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a high-pressure environment
* Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
Experience of working to ISO9001 quality procedures and CDM regulations.
To apply for the position of Design Engineer - Refrigeration please click on apply and upload your CV.
Mansfield Pollard do not use external third parties to assist in our recruitment process. We would appreciate absolutely no unsolicited phone calls or emails at this time