Genesis Technical Recruitment Ltd
Alford, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer which would ideally suit an advanced CATIA user with fundamental knowledge of GD&T principles.
The role requires that you be able to undertake and deliver complex designs to support the customer base and suggesting changes and improvements to current design as well as drive cost reductions within the standard product range. The role will support internal and external customers through presentation and written documentation. Expect participation or leading design reviews to progress design through the NPI cycle.
Our Client designs and manufactures exhaust after-treatment systems, complete emissions systems for retrofit and supply replacement products to the UK and European independent Aftermarket. Their Engineering Department covers design, development, validation, technical project planning and implementation of product for manufacture, right from new product introduction to current product support.
Design Engineer Role:
* Understanding and adherence to H&S policy and procedures, quality standards and procedures.
* Demonstrate a pro-activeness towards personal development.
* Demonstrate and uphold the company values.
* Understand risk management in the context of IATF.
* Support implementation GD&T principles into our drawings and designs.
* Support jig design and aid development of operating procedures for Manufacturing Engineering.
* Responsibility of releasing drawings and BoM into the business management system.
* Support the Design Team Leader to plan and manage departmental resources, workload and budgets.
* Support development of robust process and procedures within the team.
* Adhere to design and drawing standards and processes to ensure drawing quality is maintained.
* Deliver feedback to the wider group that drives continuous improvements.
* Capable of supporting the documentation for preparation of DFMEA, Design reviews etc.
* Engineer stainless steel sheet metal products with a focus on ease of manufacturing.
* Working closely with internal and external customers, supporting product development through NPI processes from initial concept and project definition, through design activities.
* Workflow for the design of components - from 3-D modelling to drafting (create drawings) and creation of BOM.
* Design exhaust systems as per the requirements specified by the project team - this includes part design material considerations, assembly and drafting (drawing creation) using CAD tools provided.
* Working closely with internal and external customers, supporting product development through the NPI process.
* Adherence to engineering drawing quality and tolerances.
* Create technical documentation in preparation for Design Reviews and Readiness.
* Managing assigned work load to help with managing departmental resources to aid timely progression of work/
* Support implementation GD&T principles into our drawings and designs
Design Engineer Requirements:
Minimum of HNC or HND essential, BSc, BEng (Mechanical, Automotive, Machine Design) desirable.
Understands and delivers customer requirements.
Can work and communicate effectively with others.
Demonstrates attention to detail through all stages of processes.
Ability to introduce new methods and ideas ensuring a continuous improvement ethos.
Sound engineering knowledge and scientific principles.
Problem solving (diagnostics) techniques.
Awareness or user level experience of working with design data management systems desirable.
Experience in design of Hot gas system / Exhaust system and background in working with stainless steels will be advantageous along with an understanding Vehicle chassis systems and mounting layouts.
An awareness of fundamentals and workings of engine and emissions treatment (exhaust) systems will be advantageous.
Work effectively within teams and liaise across functions.
Demonstrates problem solving skills and techniques.
A good balance of theoretical understanding and practical knowledge with the drive to see the project through to completion.
Demonstrate knowledge of engineering and scientific principles.
Ability to create technical documentation and display good presentation skills - preparation for Design Reviews, DFMEA.
Knowledge/experience with tolerance stack-up assessments .
Awareness of design standards such as BS 8888 would be an advantage.
Demonstrate awareness/application of GD&T principles and tolerancing stack-ups.
Demonstrates adequate knowledge of design fundamentals, engineering drawing quality and tolerances.
Capable of running a 3D CAD package such as CATIA, Solid Works or Pro-E to an advanced level.
This vacancy is only available to Candidates with relevant experience as detailed in the job description. Due to volume of applications, we are unable to respond to applicants who do not possess the required skills and experience. Recent Graduates who do not have the required level of industry experience need not apply.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the country where this role is located BEFORE making an application