Deputy Site Manager O&M
Acigné, Bretagne, France
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Mining / Oil / Gas
We're hiring in Pleudaniel/Lezardrieux - Offshore wind project - CDI contract.
MAIN ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / MANDATORY:
The Deputy Site Manager will support the Site Manager to implement the agreed site operations and maintenance strategy through the management of a range of operational activity across the site ensuring that this is achieved safely, efficiently and in compliance with relevant statutory/legislative requirements and Company policies/procedures.
In addition to managing a broad range of operational activity requiring a working knowledge of several technical disciplines, the Deputy Site Manager will also be required to take a lead/expert role in a specific technical discipline to develop, maintain and improve on the activities and processes within the allocated discipline with a focus on continuous improvement and cost reduction.
Throughout the O&M preparation phase he/she will be supporting the O&M team to setup the site operations by leading the development and implementation of site process and procedures, implementing the O&M strategy and interfacing and supporting the Construction team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
During the pre-operational phase, the Deputy Site Manager will be integrated as part of the O&M Readiness team and will be leading all activities related with setting up the site.
The main responsibilities/accountabilities will be:
- Ensure that the site and O&M is ready for the operational phase.
- Development of, and implementation of processes, procedures and guidelines for the operation of the site.
- Prepare the necessary training requirements for the O&M Site Team.
- Support the recruitment of the O&M Site Team.
- Lead the development of the O&M site implementation.
- Liaise with the construction team and prepare the handover of the wind farm.
- Build effective relationships with project stakeholders.
- Build effective relationships with key personnel within services suppliers to support the transition from O&M readiness and construction teams.
- Work alongside construction team as required.
Once in operations the main responsibilities/accountabilities will be the following:
- Lead the planning and delivery of all Operations & Maintenance activities.
- Lead daily coordination and approval of works.
- Ensure that a management regime is established and applied which ensures all necessary processes, procedures and resources (internal and contractor staff plus physical components, RAMS review and acceptance, tools and consumables) are in place to allow for the safe, efficient and compliant operation of the site.
- Maximise the availability and performance of the site assets.
- Management of a multidisciplinary team consisting of HV personnel, Technicians, Windfarm Controllers and other employees, along with project management of back office staff to ensure a coordinated approach to activities undertaken.
- Management of suppliers and contractors for balance of plant maintenance, vessel supply and other services to ensure that they meet their obligations under agreed contractual arrangements.
- Management of OEM service contracts and/or own organisation service plan for entire site ensuring that all obligations are met.
- Co-ordinate with RTE, local authorities and other key stakeholders to ensure positive relationships which support the effective operation of the site operations.
- Ensure that all KPI reporting and data requirements are fulfilled accurately and on a timely basis to support robust business planning and budgeting processes.
- Support the Site Manager in the determination of budget inputs required to meet necessary performance measures and in the determination of appropriate actions required to manage any deviations from agreed plans.
EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- O&M Site Operational Staff
- O&M Services department - contracts, opex, major projects
- Global Technical Services
- IBR Offshore Depts.
- IBR Corporate functions
- IBR Control Centers
- 3rd party contractors and service providers: WTG, BoP, Vessels, Logistics
- Local stakeholders
KEY DIMENSIONS (Budget / Resources managed internal and external)
- Responsible for the delivery of operations and maintenance for an Offshore Windfarm of of 496 MW comprised of 62 WTGs / Foundations, inter array cables, Offshore Substation.
- Responsible for the effective management of an OpEx budget of approx. £40 M per annum.
- Responsible for the delivery of site availability targets.
- Responsible for the direct line management (together with the Principal Site Manager) of up the site team and the indirect management of a multidisciplinary team of 30 individuals in a daily basis and up to 70 during peak times including contractor resource across both land and sea-based activities.
- Primary interface with service suppliers and OEMs.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the contractual relationship between us and multiple third-party service providers.
Minimum degree educated or significant demonstrable experience in a relevant discipline, Msc Electrical, Mechanical, Electromechanical Engineering.
Desirable Electrical Engineering.
- Management of power plants and / or networks.
- Leadership/line management experience in a role of similar scale and complexity.
- Desirable experience in the offshore wind industry, wind industry or industry with similar operational and safety challenges.
- Contractor Management.
- Budget Management.
Other languages desirable Spanish, German.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Technical knowledge. Please indicate minimun level required
- Knowledge on management and operation of Power Plants.
- Knowledge of French regulations for power plants, high voltage operation, health and safety.
- SCADA systems.
- Planning, budget and contract management.
- Desirable - knowledge on WTG technology, HV operations & regulations.
- Stakeholder Management
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.