Few advertisers do not entertain applications from outside of Hong Kong. Please click apply, to check if you are allowed to.
Datacenter Project Manager
Not Provided, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
- Oversee the fit out of a dedicated suite within a colocation datacentre. This would include cabinets, cabling, final electrical distribution and security.
- Coordination of the core technology fit out including network and storage technologies.
- Coordination of the end to end movement of assets from the old Datacentre to the new Datacentre. This will include meticulous scheduling of all activities such as patching/unpatching, racking/unracking, movement and QA activities to ensure moves go without incident. These activities will typically be carried out at weekends.
- Working closely with the application and migration teams to ensure a smooth migration within approved change windows.
- Managing and updating stakeholders and documentation throughout the project via formal and informal routes.
- Ownership of the relationships with infrastructure and application teams.
- Manage risks, actions, issues (along with mitigation and resolution) and dependencies.
- Schedule, host, attend and record meetings as and when required.
- Ensuring all documentation and asset record information is appropriately recorded in the organisation's toolsets.
- Stakeholder management across all levels and Management Information
- Cost management
- Significant and demonstrable experience in Datacentre Migration projects of 500 - 1500 assets.
- Exemplar organisation and project management skills.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft packages such as Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Well presented, articulate confident and professional in approach. Strong communication and interpersonal skills to develop trust in others at all levels within an organisation.
- Previous experience working for a financial services company and a solid understanding of how they are organised and work.
- Disciplined prioritisation, time management and scheduling abilities - (multi-tasking skills are essential).
- Exposure to the full suite of technologies used within an international financial services organisation including market data, middleware, database, server, storage and networks.
- Full life cycle project management experience from project initiation to project closure.
- Results focused and able to manage own time effectively, balancing quality and pace of output.Awareness of key aspects of the Regulatory and legal environment under which the Company operates (GDPR compliance, FCA guidance on use of Cloud services, etc.).