Data Transfer Specialist
Montvale, New Jersey, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Title: SAP Data Migration
Location: Montvale, NJ
Type: 3 Month + contract
Rate : 50-60/hr corp
- Work with the domain leaders within the master data team to ensure that our master data for the customer and material domains are properly setup in SAP MDG in a timely manner
- Create and analyze results from data queries to identify data quality issues.
- Examines existing business rules and apply those in the Data Governance and Data Quality Management function.
- Participates in technical design and user testing sessions, working with technical resources to provide insight during solution development.
- Understand Metadata Know all the systems of record, how they are used, how they are updated, who the stakeholders are, planned changes, data dictionaries, etc.
- Able to coordinate with both business and technology, ability to understand the details and suggest best practice solutions
- Partner with other departmental data stewards to ensure that the data used for operations and analytics are consistently following the data quality rules and align with the governance processes of the organization.
- Performs root cause analysis on master data related problems
- Ensure the successful completion of assigned project deliverable s providing timely and realistic status updates and completion estimates
- Works towards common solutions with other team members, and iterates on those solutions
- 2+ years of experience with data analysis, data quality, data integration , data standardization, consolidation ,matching, and other similar activities preferred.
- Demonstrable analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience working with SAP MDG, Data Services and Information Steward a STRONG PLUS
- A results driven individual with a passion for data who can work collaboratively to solve business problems that drive business growth.
- Inquisitive with a desire to learn and teach.
- Ability to influence within cross-functional teams and within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate openly and honestly with colleagues and customers. Takes personal responsibility for the quality and content of the work, and complies with information confidentiality requirements where applicable
- Ability to work in a rapidly evolving environment and quickly grasp new concepts by demonstrating and applying knowledge of these tasks timely and accurately
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships by collaborating with customers by fully understanding and meeting their expectations
- Seen as a team player that encourages collaboration and quickly gains trust and support of peers. Finds common ground and solves problems for the benefits of all
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- This position requires no travel