Marks Sattin (UK) Ltd
salary: 75000.00 £ Annual
London City, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: all
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
A leading global energy company is currently seeking a Data Scientist to join its growing Trading / Commodities team based at its prestigious offices in London.
The remit of the role will be to work with the business and Traders, perform market analysis, develop and build data models and translate them into algorithms.
- Building predictive models using techniques such as Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Software design using Python
- Understanding and evaluating business needs
- Working with traders and quants to gather their requirements and help implement solutions accordingly.
- Support and build multi-commodity algorithmic trading frameworks
- Identify and implement IT solutions to optimize performance and maintain low latency.
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven experience in a Trading or Financial Services environment.
- Experience with algorithmic trading strategies used by the Front Office groups.
- Experience in processing high frequency real time market data products (structured &
- unstructured) is a plus.
- Knowledge of memory management challenges that exist in high throughput low latency trading applications.
- Knowledge of machine learning and pattern recognition is advantageous.
- Experience of Python is essential
- Expert level knowledge of C#, C++, Java, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of new technologies like Storm, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop YARN, Akka, Flume,
- Mesos, GraphX, NoSQl databases would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience in Predictive and Stream Analytics is a plus.
- Experience with database applications and expert knowledge of SQL.
This is an urgent requirement so please send your CV to Michael Moretti for immediate consideration .