Data Operator / Administrator
Los Angeles, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Large entertainment corporation is looking to hire a Data Operator for Data Administration in Century City, CA. with the ability to identify different video and audio file formats (.avi, .wav, .mxf, MPEG-2, IMX, H.264, J2K, etc.).
Data Operator Data Administration ":
Disney - 21st Century Fox
10201 W. Pico Blvd. Los Angeles California 90064
3+ month contract
*** Shift: The current shift we want to fill is likely going to be 7AM-3:30PM and it is possible it will include a weekend day ***
Fox Media Services
Job Responsibilities: Data Administration
The Data Operator is responsible for the movement and organization of data on the SAN, archiving data to long term storage, and restoring data to the production servers. Working with the Servicing and Project Management Teams, the Administrator will prioritize all requests to ensure that all restores/archives are completed accurately and on time.
Primary duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Archive, restore, and delete data using propriety software, system software, and command line interfaces.
- Manage multiple storage volumes to keep data organized and maintain a healthy percentage of free space.
- Maintain documentation of daily work status and the status of the storage volumes.
- Input necessary metadata into asset management databases to ensure that the data is being accurately archived and easily searchable by all departments.
- Perform basic quality assurance tests on data to ensure that the files adhere to the correct file naming convention and format specifications.
- Complete additional assignments as instructed.
- Effectively analyze and communicate information to resolve issues and concerns to the appropriate departments so that they can be resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide user level feedback on in-house automation tools.
- Keep current on new file types, work flows and tools.
- Adhere to security policies and work closely with other team members to ensure that data is maintained in a secure environment.
- College degree preferred.
- Must have at least 2-3 years of related experience.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime, when necessary.
- Strong familiarity with Windows and UNIX environments.
- At least intermediate knowledge of Microsoft products including, Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Must be focused, detail-oriented, and be able to prioritize multiple projects while working under strict deadlines.
- Capability to generate reports in order to track progress and provide specific details to supervisors in order to troubleshoot any technical issues.
- Ability to identify different video and audio file formats (.avi, .wav, .mxf, MPEG-2, IMX, H.264, J2K, etc.).