Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
DraftKings is a technology company that creates the most exciting digital sports competitions on the planet. Focused on the rapidly growing Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) space, DraftKings offers players the opportunity to compete through web and mobile channels in 1-day or 1-week fantasy sports contests for cash prizes and money-can't-buy experiences. Founded in 2012, we are headquartered in Boston, with additional offices in New York City and London. This is a unique opportunity to work at a company experiencing explosive growth while inventing an industry. We bring the most incredible experiences and the industry's biggest contests to our players. We are looking for exceptional talent to play for our team! Apply today and be a part of our success story.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Data Engineer. DraftKings' growth and success is directly related to the quality of our data and our ability to apply analytics to make business decisions. We areinvesting in building out a world class data analytics platform. The Data Engineerwill be at the center of this with responsibility for developing and supporting our data infrastructure.
- Designs and develops systems and processes to transform, consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured data
- Develops, maintains and optimizes data pipelines and ETL processes for both streaming and batch to cleanse, integrate and evaluate data across multiple, disparate sources
- Builds analytics and data delivery tools that use the data to provide actionable insights into key business performance metrics.
- Designs processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Focuses on performance analysis, optimization and tuning
- Responsible for requirements gathering, internal customer support, and continuous improvement
- Solves problems, prioritizes deliverables and manages technical scope
- Participates in on-call responsibility
- Above all else, you must have a passion for all aspects of business intelligence and data engineering from data warehousing to data delivery to data operations.
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, transformations, architectures and data sets.
- Proficient in a variety of data engines - SQL Server, MySQL, Redshift
- Strong understanding of dimensional modelling
- Proficient in SQL (complex queries and procedures), Python
- Proven ability to analyze and solve large unstructured problems to maximize business value
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience working in AWS, big plus
- Experience working with EMR, Spark, a plus
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.