Data Engineer ##19-1523
Wisconsin Supreme Court
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Consolidated Court Automation Programs
The Director of State Courts' Office of Consolidated Court Automation Programs (CCAP) is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time, unclassified advanced level Data Engineer position for a new and exciting justice research initiative.
Location: Madison, WI.
Salary:l Competitive salary plus excellent state benefits.
(1) Create and maintain a robust judicial data warehouse; define, document, and implement quality assurance processes; (
2) Identify and design methods for collecting and processing data that are appropriate for the judicial data warehouse and each associated research project;
(3) Retrieve, combine, clean, and manage data from multiple sources using appropriate programming languages, database utilities, and business intelligence tools;
(4) Analyze data in the data warehouse to gain insights and to answer questions posed by the Director of Research and Judicial Statistics or other justice system leaders;
(5) Under the direction of the Director of Research and Judicial Statistics, respond to inquiries and requests for information from Judiciary and court personnel, legislators, state and local government agencies, etc.
Qualified candidates will possess:
(1) Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field;
(2) Experience using SQL to perform complex queries on large relational database systems;
(3) Experience using scripting languages such as R or Python;
(4) Experience managing and cleaning datasets, identifying, determining root causes and suggesting solutions;
(5) Experience with data warehousing and data modeling; (
6) Experience with tools such as SAS, Tableau or other commonly used Business Intelligence tools.
Equal Employment Opportunity