Data Analyst, Acquisition Marketing
New York City, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
As a Data Analyst supporting the Acquisition Marketing team, you will lead data collection, analysis, and reporting projects with the aim of growing our user base.
- Define and align KPIs across multiple functional groups (marketing, product, technology) and business objectives (acquisition, sales, engagement, retention)
- Analyze and visualize large data sets to report on KPIs using SQL and Looker to understand different marketing efforts such as TV, direct mail, social media, search
- Identify gaps in our data collection and collaborate with product and engineering on data capture specifications
- Define, create and maintain reporting dashboards
- Compile and reconcile data from multiple internal sources
- Work with Acquisition Marketing team to build and modify views, explores, and models in Looker for reporting and analysis
- Ingest third-party data into the database, set up and integrate Looker views for reports
- Prioritize and execute ad-hoc data analysis to assess marketing activities and develop recommendations
- Troubleshooting data discrepancies and errors
- Work with the Ecomm team to ensure data is flowing into Redshift accurately
- Develop a vision to extend/improve our existing analytics and reporting technology stack
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies and trends in analytics
- 2+ years of work experience in analytics or business intelligence capacity; Marketing preferred
- Hands-on experience with reporting and data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, Geckoboard, etc.; Looker preferred
- High level of proficiency in Excel and SQL
- In-depth knowledge of the strengths and limitations of various analytics tools (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, etc.) to understand how those tools can complement our in-house analytics reports. You should know when not to reinvent the wheel on reports that can be easily created using external tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to communicate effectively with key stakeholders and technology team
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in developing engaging Keynote/Powerpoint presentations
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Strong understanding of best practices around marketing, e-commerce and subscription retention KPIs
- Experience with ETL process and tools, setting up and scheduling jobs
- Experience with statistical modeling using R/Python
- Experience in monitoring and automating reports
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit to learn more about joining our team.