Cyber Security Engineer - HBSS Systems
American Systems Corporation
Norwich, Connecticut, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
WANTED: A Cyber Professional with a Secret clearance to join our team as a Cyber Security Engineer (Endpoint Protection).
As the Cyber Security Engineer (Endpoint Protection), you will:
- Continue to perfect your craft and grow your skills
- Join a team of dedicated professionals
- Receive a robust benefits package, to include our Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Be part of an empowered culture at AMERICAN SYSTEMS
The Cyber Security Engineer (Endpoint Protection) will provide administrative and analyst support for Host Base Security System (HBSS). This will include routine administration, as well as system tuning, maintenance, and monitoring. Primary activities will include endpoint policy development and management, vulnerability mitigation, compliance monitoring and reporting, incident response, and routine McAfee ePO administrative duties.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide cyber security subject matter expertise for the accredited system as tasked.
- Manage, troubleshoot, and provide technical solutions for the HBSS agent and endpoint products for Air Force SIPR networks.
- Configure, manage, operate, and maintain HBSS endpoint products.
- Provide HBSS support to varying activities to include Certification and Accreditation (C&A), Cyber Incident Response, Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) assessment, Information Condition (INFOCON), policy and procedures, risk assessment, Cybersecurity Test and Evaluation (ST&E), security analysis and program protection planning standards, architecture, engineering and integration support, and system access controls.
- Be responsible for operating, tuning, and reviewing maintenance of all HBSS systems, components, agents, and policies.
- Ensure ongoing STIG compliance.
- Maintain the latest HBSS configuration to address known exploits using the Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS).
- Monitor applicable security resources for updated requirements.
- Coordinate with Tier 2/3 for incident response.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine, "BEST FOR VETS" by Military Times, and TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com
- Possession of or ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II (e.g. Security+, CCNA-Security, SCNP, SSCP, GSEC, GICSP)
- Requires at least 10 years relevant experience without a degree; more than four 4 years of relevant experience with undergraduate degree; more than 3 years relevant experience with graduate degree.
- 5-8 years of directly related experience
- Experience with HBSS suite of McAfee tools (AV, PA, DCM, HIPS, RSD)
- DoD HBSS Certified
- Experience in security engineering, with a working knowledge of Cybersecurity
- Be familiar with: Configuration Management concepts and Change Management processes, DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and Network and Server fundamentals and concepts
- Familiarity with:
- DoD vulnerability scanning process using Nessus
- DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) processes,
- Vulnerability Management System (VMS)
- DoD ports, protocols, and services (PPS) program
- Anti-virus tools
- 3-5 years of IT-related IA/security experience desired
- DoD 8570 IAT Level III desired (e.g. CISSP, CASP CE, CISA, CCNP Security, GSE, SCNA)
Bachelor's Degree- provided by Dice