Cover Supervisor - Training Provided
Vida Education 100.00 British Pound . GBP Per day
Blackpool, Lancashire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Education
Vida are looking to recruit Cover Supervisors (both experienced and candidates looking to gain experience in education) to provide cover on a flexible basis for a network of schools in Blackpool and the surrounding areas
Are you a Cover Supervisor looking for a new role or are you looking to gain experience in education?
What is the role of a Cover Supervisor?
Cover Supervisors are suitably-trained school staff who supervise pupils carrying out pre-prepared exercises when teaching staff are on short-term absence. The cover supervisor's main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set.
The role of a Cover Supervisor is very varied but in particular you will be responsible for:
* Delivering pre-set work as set by the class teacher / department.
* Facilitating the learning of the subject by assisting the students where necessary.
* Manging behaviour in line with the schools behaviour management policy.
* Reporting any safeguarding concerns / incidents to the safeguarding lead in school.
* Collecting work at the end of the lesson and ensuring classrooms are left neat and tidy.
* Contribute to high standards and best practice
* Provide a safe environment for both staff and children
What are we looking for?
* Experience of working within a school/classroom setting or with young people is desirable although not essential.
* An enthusiastic attitude
* Safeguarding excellence
* Up to date DBS check
* A DBS on the update Service
* References x 2
Working with Vida Education
Working with Vida you will have the constant valued support of your own personal consultant, a great benefits package and be able to control where and when you work.
* Tailor your own working days to support your commitments
* Flexible Working - Full or Part Time
* Opportunity to work in a variety of schools
* Competitive rates, paid weekly
* A dedicated personal consultant to work with and support you throughout
* Free Cover Supervisor Training
* Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
* Access to online E Learning Courses
* Access to Annual Safeguarding Training
If this role is of interest to you, please don't hesitate to get in contact and apply today!
As you are working with children, safeguarding and child welfare is paramount and an Enhanced DBS is required for the role, this can be discussed further upon application.
Vida Education offer excellent rates of pay and take great pride in providing a quality service to candidates and schools. We are an experienced team who specialise in placing secondary teachers, primary teachers, cover supervisors, teaching assistants and school admin and clerical staff into positions all across Lancashire and Cumbria.
We look forward to hearing from you very soon