Course Leader: FdA/ BA (hons) Photography
salary: 35909.00 British Pound . GBP Annual
Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Education
JOB TITLE: Course Leader: FdA/BA (Hons) Photography
RESPONSIBLE TO: Area Head UCC School of Art
SALARY: £29,218 - £35,909 pro rata
ACTUAL SALARY: £17,530.80 - £21,545.40 per annum
To provide clear and dynamic teaching, leadership and direction to the FdA / BA (Hons) Photography programme. To ensure the smooth running, organisation and operation of the course and to work in close collaboration with other staff to ensure the highest possible level of student achievement.
- To deliver structured and focused teaching on the FdA/BA (Hons) Photography programme.
- To organise and ensure the delivery of appropriate teaching. To ensure smooth and efficient assessment grading and internal verification of students work. To monitor and review student progress and feedback. To ensure that student work is presented professionally in course related, internal and external exhibitions; and marketing and recruitment events. To convene regular meetings with the FdA/BA (Hons) Photography teaching team on all aspects of course planning and operation. To work with other organisations to promote the course, organising visits/talks/collaboration as necessary.
- To take responsibility for recruitment of students, organising interviewing of applicants and student induction programmes.
- To ensure students are prepared for progression to degree courses though appropriate advice and portfolio preparation.
- To promote the FdA/BA (Hons) Photography programme through liaison with feeder schools, colleges and other promotional activities.
- To produce Annual Course Reviews and Self-Assessment documents.
- To facilitate and organise educational visits for students where appropriate to complement their studies.
- To maintain best practice with Health and Safety, and Codes of Practice relating to the use of equipment.
- To work to promote and apply the College's Safeguarding and Prevent policies and practices.
- To work to promote and apply the College's Equality & Diversity policy and practices.
- To inform and advise the Area Head of Health and Safety issues.
- To attend UCC School of Art and other meetings as required by the Area Head to ensure that the course has full representation.
- To liaise and work with other academic and support staff within the faculty, and cross college departments.
- Any other duties as specified by the Area Head that are commensurate with this role