Ultimate Nutrition, Inc
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Science & Technology
Ultimate Nutrition, Research and Development Division is a market-leading, product development and research firm focused on providing best-in-class products to the dietary supplement industry. Through innovation and science-based research, the company continually strives to make ground-breaking advancements in the field of general health and sports nutrition by developing cutting-edge product solutions and technologies. Ultimate Nutrition works with major supplement companies, domestically and internationally, while always taking into consideration the needs of the individual consumer, to bring new products to market on a global scale. This privately held company is well-respected, profitable, and growing rapidly.
The Costing Specialist generates and supplies various departments with pricing and formula information for custom product orders and reformulations. They also develop and manage various material databases in order to generate final product cost analysis for each research and development project. This role reports directly to our Senior Product Formulator.
· Generate product pricing to provide salesmen with spot quotes for custom orders based on the specifications provided by clientele and partners
· Maintain Excel-based, cost analysis database for various raw material and packaging components used during product development and subsequent production
· Prepare final product costing based on ingredients, raw materials, manufacturing, and packaging costs to ensure the department is developing profitable products
· Generate new-product bill of materials (BOMs) and supply to personnel from the Purchasing, Document Control, and Production departments
· Collaborate with product development and formulation branches to consolidate ingredient information and generate raw material requests
· Develop and maintain a database to track various raw material requests, including info requests, pricing requests, and sample requests
· Support other tasks, as needed
o Degree: Bachelors' Degree in a related field with 2+ years prior quotations experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
o Familiar with quotations, production, and product development environments
o Computer skills (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
§ Ability to generate Excel spreadsheets and manipulate complex, cell-linked formulas/formatting is mandatory
o Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
o Strong analytical and prioritization skills
o Dietary, Sports, and/or Nutritional Supplement industry experience
o Knowledge of automated costing and/or BOM management software, such as ACEIT (Automated Cost Estimating Integrated Tools), and/or ERP software (such as Sage, Deacom, or Microsoft Dynamics) is a plus.
· Attend seminars, conferences, tradeshows, and other events, as required (less than 5%).
In the late 1970's and early 1980's Ultimate Nutrition was among the first companies to have Amino Acid tablets, protein powders, carbohydrate powders, and various types of Fat Burners. By the late 1980's and early 1990's Ultimate Nutrition launched several legendary products such as Sports Energizer, an electrolyte fueled ready to drink beverage that came in 10 flavors and in a glass bottle.
By the mid 1990's Ultimate Nutrition again was on the cutting edge as we were one of the first companies to come out with Whey Protein powder in a bottle. Today, Ultimate Nutrition continues to excel with a wide range of products including Iso Mass Xtreme Gainer®, ProStar® Whey, Muscle Juice® 2544, GlutaPure®, Protein Isolate, Iso Sensation® 93, Amino 2000, Ultra Ripped®, Horse Power®, and now Horse Power® X. Horse Power X is a revolutionary condensed pre-workout supplement formulated to help increase energy, endurance, and stamina, and to promote increased strength and muscle building gains.