Cost & Inventory Accountant
Direct Wire and Cable Inc.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
Direct Wire & Cable, Inc., located in Denver, Pennsylvania, expanded into one of the premier wire factories in the United States, serving the welding, power rental, and industrial cable markets. As we continue to expand, we are looking for a National Sales Manager.
The Cost & Inventory Accountant is responsible for reviewing and analyzing actual cost compared to standard cost. Development of monthly selling prices to be used by the sales force. Inventory analysis and review. Must demonstrate analytical skills and knowledge of the company's cost and sales initiatives. Must have the ability to work alone and as part as a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and work with sales to liquidate slow-moving, excess and obsolete inventory.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts.
- Manage inventory data such as part number creation and updates.
- Investigate cycle count variances and resolve issues.
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
- Perform month-end closing transactions and validate the inventory and cost of goods sold.
Cost & Analysis
- Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses.
- Report on breakeven points by product.
- Develop cost and bill of materials for all products.
- Review and revise cost on an ongoing basis.
- Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances.
- Perform cost accumulation tasks as a member of the target costing group.
- Create PowerPoint presentations summarizing the results of analyses and present the results to senior management.
- Assist the sales team to prepare customer quotes as needed.
- Analyze, evaluate and assess sales proposals.
- Report on margins by product.
- Develop and maintain pricing tools and profitability models
- Grow total gross margin dollars by identifying pricing actions that encourage higher sale values and margin rates.
- Forecast sales margins to help the business understand the impact of promotional and seasonal pricing.
- Present sales analyses at a monthly strategy meeting, with insights, trends, and suggestions.
- Communicate and help implement pricing changes bi-directionally through the command chain.
- Prepare and distribute monthly customer price sheets.
Other duties as assigned