Corporate Security Officer (14:00 – 22:30)
Barkingside, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Call Centre / CustomerService
Corporate Security Officer
Hours: 14:00 to 22:30 (37.5 hour per week) on a rota basis.
Location: London Bridge
Salary: £27,365 + benefits including pension scheme, season ticket loan, 30 days annual leave, Uniform provided
A prestigious and iconic London location is seeking professional and customer focused Security & Operations Officers.
Applicants must hold a valid SIA Door Supervisor license.
Working as part of a multi-skilled team the focus of your role is to:
* protect life and property
* prevent loss and harm and deter crime
* prevent disruption to the business
* provide logistics support to facilities operations
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Internal and external perimeter patrolling and response
* Control room operations (which includes monitoring and operating cctv, access control and fire alarm systems, the issue of day passes and responding to emergencies)
* Physical access control
* Securing points of access
* Providing a high level of customer service to visitors & staff
* Reception duties
* Searching and scanning visitors using electronic equipment and manual techniques
* Providing security at public meetings and vehicle checking
* Conflict management
* Loading Bay Operations - receiving goods, record and log deliveries.
* Porterage - delivering post and packages, setting up rooms, moving furniture etc.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Must possess and maintain a valid Security Industry Authority Door Supervision license.
* A Public Space Surveillance License would be an advantage. If successful, candidates will be required to undertake training in order to obtain and maintain the PSS license.
* Prior experience of providing security in a corporate, government or hospitality environment.
* Awareness and understanding of health and safety issues and counter-terrorism appropriate to the responsibilities of the job.
* Able to take charge of a situation and give instructions when the need arises, including dealing with front line conflict management and physical intervention situations.
* Hold a valid first aid at work qualification, or equivalent qualification appropriate to the work place
* Able to read, understand and follow comprehensive standard operating procedures.
* Able to maintain an appropriate level of physical fitness to carry out all aspects of the role, including the ability to engage in physical intervention (for which training will be provided), move heavy goods, equipment and furniture.
* Able to operate technical equipment, such as x-ray scanners, cctv system, access control system and franking machines (Training will be provided on the use of installed equipment).
* IT literate in MS Office products such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
London's diversity is its biggest asset and we strive to ensure our workforce reflects London's diversity at all levels. Applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates will be particularly welcomed