Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: HR / Recruitment
Symetra is has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, full-cycle Corporate Recruiterto join our Talent Acquisition team!
About the role
As a Corporate Recruiter you'll be responsible for helping our Talent Acquisition team recruit top talent for Symetra. From our Bellevue, WA headquarters, our team manages the full-cycle recruitment for all job levels from entry level to executive leadership across all functions including Actuarial, Claims, Customer Service, Finance, Investment Management, Operations, Sales and Technology.
This role will focus on the recruitment for non-technical positions. F rom requisition creation and generating the candidate pipeline to recommending a competitive job offer and on-boarding , youre managing the entire candidate and recruitment processes.
Using your recruiting subject matter expertise youll be a team collaborator and problem solver actively partnering with the business, managers, Human Resources and your team to successfully find talent that aligns to the position requirements and the customer first spirit of Symetra.
- Partner with your hiring managers and the business to understand their hiring needs and define a recruitment strategy to find the best talent for their team and Symetra. To do so, you'll manage the entire recruiting cycle from requisition creation through candidate generation, sourcing, interviewing, offer and on boarding .
- Maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders as well as hiring managers, human resources business partners and leadership; keeping them informed and appropriately involved throughout the entire recruiting process.
- Think outside the box and be proactive to source high quality candidates through the development and implementation of traditional and innovative recruiting techniques such as cold-calling, direct sourcing, competitive research, and networking, applicant tracking system, referrals and social media.
- Work with your colleagues to develop and manage recruiting related programs/tasks (e.g. internship program, campus recruiting, social recruiting, applicant tracking system, interviewing skills, recruiting materials, etc.).
- Proudly wear your Symetra blue and represent at career fairs, in our university recruiting efforts, and at community and networking events.
Your education, experience and skills
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- 3-4 years of full cycle recruiting experience required; non-technical preferred (i.e. Actuarial, Claims, Human Resources, Marketing, Operations, Sales)
- Demonstrated business acumen in understanding client needs and applying appropriate recommendations
- Excellent communication, organizational and negotiation skills
- Strong team orientation, customer focus, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced, results oriented environment where change and yes ambiguity are the norm
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to build and foster relationships with your team, business partners, hiring managers and stakeholders
- Demonstrated and proven networking and sourcing skills
- Solid proficiency working with applicant tracking systems
- Outstanding service orientation, sense of urgency and a high-level of personal integrity
What we offer
We don't take a "one-size-fits-all" approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better--both at work and at home.
- Flexible and telecommute work arrangements
- Wellness program offering employees a variety of resources designed to assist you in reaching and maintaining your optimum health
- Paid time away options to accommodate your needs and life's events, including vacation (our favorite), illness, caring for a family member, volunteering, the birth or adoption of a child, the loss of a family member and more
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
- Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching and/or participate in our company-wide week of service each June
- Want more details? Check out our Symetra Benefits Overview
In a complex industry, we strive for clarity.
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we're guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they're getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what's right for our customers, communities and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
To learn more about Symetra and our careers visit