Stant USA Corporation
Connersville, Indiana, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
Stant is hiring for a Corporate Controller. The role will manage the external auditors and external tax preparation. As well as manage the corporate Senior Cost Accountant to ensure timely and accurate product standards as well as analysis of manufacturing variances.
Stant, founded in 1898, is a global leader in design, engineering and manufacturing of fuel systems, fuel caps, radiator caps and thermostats. Stant sells directly to the OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers in the automotive and industrial markets with key customers that include Ford, General Motors, Fiat Chrysler, Daimler, Hyundai, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Plastic Omnium, Detroit Diesel, and Harley Davidson. Stant also participates in the aftermarket with key relationships with O'Reilly Auto Parts, Advance Auto, and many independent distributors. Stant has vending, engineering and manufacturing presence in the US, Mexico, China and Europe. Revenues in 2017 were $300M and employment topped 1500 associates. Stant is headquartered in Connersville, IN and has a growing satellite office in Rochester Hills, MI.
Corporate Controller Key Functions:
- Approve Headquarters invoices and purchase orders, which includes ensuring they are correctly coded, the right type of purchase orders and the support agrees to the request.
- Ensure Headquarters (includes Connersville and Rochester Hills) financial statements are accurate
- Work with other Headquarters departments on verifying CPI savings and analysis of department expenses
- Working with the Senior Cost Accountant, ensure standard cost parts, on a global basis, are accurate and reporting is correct. Ensure yearly cost standards get updated on the first day of the New Year (each year)
- Understand how accounting transactions work in the accounting systems as it relates to standard costs and manufacturing variances
- Manage the yearly external audit for Stant
- Ensure all foreign subsidiaries audits are completed in a timely manner
- Gather and/or prepare all the necessary information needed for external tax preparers, R&D tax credit calculation and transfer pricing studies. Calculate the impact of new tax legislation and ensure the company is ready to implement on the required date
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures. Calculating the impact of new accounting standards and ensure the company is ready to implement on required date
- Part of the team to ensure all processes and procedures are documented, accurate and followed
- Works with Accounting Manager to ensure all global balance sheet reconciliations are prepared and accurate
- Bachelor's Degree from four year college or university; or ten to fifteen years of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Required PC skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Plex or XA experience a plus!
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to utilize team concepts, along with solid organizational and problem solving skills