GreenFields of Geneva
Geneva, Illinois, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Hospitality & Tourism
Part-time and Pool (As needed) positions available.
As a Cook, you will make a difference in the lives of our residents by preparing meals that excite and delight them! You will work in the dining room carving meat during Sunday brunch.
Summary of Job Duties:
- Adhere to all sanitation and food handling protocols. Prepare food in accordance with sanitary regulations and departmental policies and procedures.
- Perform pre-meal preparation. Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes and special diet orders.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of temperature charts and similar records according to established protocols.
- Distribute production appropriately. Adhere to established protocols for use of unused production.
- In coordination with Chef / Production Manager, develop new menu items and recipes.
- Inform Chef / Production Manager of inventory requirements in a timely fashion.
- Direct Utility staff. Assist in directing Kitchen staff.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident information to assure residents' rights and employee confidentiality are protected. This includes maintaining residents' protected health information (PHI).
- Assure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Abide by established procedures for maintaining proper personal appearance and hygiene.
- Attend and participate in in-service training (IST) programs.
- Report all accidents or incidents, and hazardous conditions and equipment, to management in a timely manner.
- Maintain food preparation and storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner at all times.
- Additional responsibilities for AM Cooks include: adhering to opening protocols; preparing and producing employee meals; and performing breakfast line cooking, breakfast line cleanup, lunch setup, lunch line cooking and lunch clean-up.
- Additional responsibilities for PM Cooks include: adhering to closing protocols; assisting with lunch line cooking and clean-up; and performing dinner line cooking and dinner clean-up.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed.
- Current State of Illinois sanitation certificate
- Knowledge of batch cooking and general use of standardized recipes.
- Experience in volume production.
- Knowledge of sanitation, food borne illness, and cross-contamination policies and procedures.
- Experience in the preparation and presentation of pureed foods.