Monaghan, Monaghan, Ireland
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Construction
Job Title: Contracts Manager
Reporting To: Operations Manager and Senior Management Team
Job Purpose: The Contracts Manager's role includes strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations and risk management. The candidate will act as the point of contact for the Client. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines and requires strong people management of field and office teams.
Main purpose of the job: To coordinate and oversee the commercial management for the delivery of the National Electrical Framework Contract, working collaboratively with engineers, call centre agents, auditors, IT, Finance, H&S, Logistics, HR and other project team members to ensure a consistent and quality delivery of a cost effective and customer focused service. In addition to this, to act as the Head of Delivery as and when required, including representation at both internal and external meetings and management of the design and delivery service.
* To fully understand the Tender Submission Document and the deliverables expected by the Client
* Ensure all project milestones are met and that project deadlines are delivered.
* Lead and manage the entire Project Team, setting weekly agendas and individual targets for each team member.
* Provide detailed job descriptions for all employees clearly setting out specific roles and responsibilities.
* Assign KPI's to each position. Conduct staff appraisals monitor and review performance. Oversee and manage all HR issues and recruitment process.
* Time Management - make best use of all employees' time by scheduling meetings which are worthwhile and measurable.
* Develop robust commercial strategies and implement were necessary.
* Applicants must have a good standard of education.
* Junior Cert / Leaving Cert (level 4 or 5), / GCSE in Maths & English.
* Fully qualified electrician with a minimum of 8 years + experience.
* Full 17th/18th Edition Wiring Regulations.
* Other electrical qualifications at JIB Standard or their equivalents.
* Relevant qualification in Health & Safety e.g. IOSH / NEBOSH.
* Safe Pass / ECS card and Testing & Inspection are desirable.
* Knowledge of Electricity Industry, ideally Utilities Sector is desirable.
* A full valid clean EU/UK driving licence.
Skills and Competencies
* Significant experience in the Electrical industry / Utilities Sector, particularly infrastructure upgrades on domestic installations.
* Exemplary attitude to health, safety and wellbeing.
* Exceptional communication and coaching skills.
* Ensures deadlines and targets are met, understanding the impact of timescales to both the Client and business.
* Possess relevant skills for productivity management and the ability to identify improvements.
* Excellent interpersonal/communication skills in order to effectively liaise with Installers, management and client stakeholders.
* Experience in producing RAMS & Toolbox talks.
* Good IT background with experience in cloud systems.
* Excellent attention to detail & strong prioritisation and organisational skills.
The job requires a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability on the part of the jobholder to meet work deadlines.
A competitive and comprehensive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and qualifications will be available to the successful candidate.
Our clients core focuses is Health & Safety and the company possesses the highest Standard Safe-T-Cert Grade A, along with having ISO 9001 and 14001 accreditations. Our clients also hold NICEIC, RECI, Spark Safe LTP, Safe Electric and Constructionline accreditations.
If the above role is of interest to you feel free to call Noelle on (phone number removed)