Continuous Improvement/Process Leader
Biscuits Leclerc LTD.
Montgomery, Pennsylvania, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT/PROCESS LEADER
Canada's leader in the production of cookies, Leclerc also manufactures sugar wafers, snack bars, breakfast cereals, crackers, and chocolates. The thriving family company currently sells its products in more than twenty countries all over the world.
Leclerc is, and has always been, on the leading edge of technology and constantly works to ensure the complete satisfaction of its customers. Together with over 1200 employees, the company builds on production processes and rigorous distribution networks in order to offer the highest quality products. For more than 115 years, Leclerc has successfully balanced innovation, freshness, and good taste, pleasing customers of all ages.
Reporting to the plant manager, the Continuous Improvement and Processes Leader supports managers in improving their operational processes by implementing and monitoring activities to maximize the effectiveness of the various resources used.
Lead of improvement projects
- Develop, propose and prioritize Lean Six Sigma and process improvement projects;
- Executes Lean Six Sigma and process improvement projects related to the plant's strategic plan;
- Supports quality and process specialists in the implementation of projects;
- Facilitates workshops in a DMAIC project management approach;
- Assistance in identifying opportunities for improvement;
- Manages change brought about by new methods;
- Organizes and participates in prevention activities and raises workers' awareness of value-added production concepts;
- Analyze the various causes of waste and suggest improvements;
- Implement and support managers in their respective improvement projects;
- Plan and organize the various improvement programs (H&S, TPM, 6S, Six Sigma, Ishikawa diagram, etc.)
- Support for the implementation of new products;
- Technical expert: Operations coach;
- Ensure line start-ups are on-time and consistent;
- Participates in various operational meetings.
Knowledge Management Processes
- Documents processes and writes work instructions and specifications;
- Develops and maintains the tools necessary to improve the organization's overall performance;
- Develops training related to their field of expertise and trains the workforce appropriately.
- Bachelor of Science/Industrial Engineering/Food or Chemical Engineering or eguivalent education/experience;
- Possess 2+ years of relevant experience in manufacturing;
- Specialist in business process improvement;
- Desire for career growth;
- Communicate effectively in both languages: French and English (spoken and written);
- Willing and available to cover the various shifts as needed;
- Be available for occasional travel.
Joining Leclerc's dynamic and passionate team provides an opportunity to work every day to promote people's well-being by offering high quality products. Would you like to build a career in a motivating work environment with nonstop exciting challenges? Please apply through the site.
Working at Leclerc is :
- Earn a competitive salary
- Enjoy cookies at will
- Benefit from a comprehensive benefits program
- Save on our products
- Embrace high velocity technology