Contact Center Representative
Spire Credit Union
Falcon Heights, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Call Centre / CustomerService
We Care. Improve Lives. Give Back. These are SPIRE's values, purpose, and core action. For nearly 85 years SPIRE has been helping our increasingly diverse membership improve their financial well-being. One Team. Along with helping members reach their goals SPIRE works hard to create a work environment where employees can work towards meeting their personal career goals as well. In 2018, SPIRE filled nearly 30% of our jobs internally giving our employees the opportunity to GROW their careers at SPIRE. SPIRE believes hiring employees that are driven by their Midwestern Values to do right by our members. SPIRE is currently looking for a Contact Center Representative in our Administrative Office.
This position is responsible for answering incoming telephone calls and electronic messages in a professional manner ensuring the highest quality of member service. This position is also responsible for referring and selling SPIRE products and services to promote positive member relationships and advance SPIRE growth objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Answer incoming telephone calls and electronic messages in a professional manner to determine members needs to provide services and promote positive relationships.
- Complete necessary computing and recording procedures to provide requested services (balance inquiries, transfers, Certificates of Deposit) and to maintain account records.
- Research, resolve and respond to members questions and disputes (NSF, ATM, check clearing procedures, etc.) to ensure proper follow up and member satisfaction.
- Process members financial transactions and responds to inquiries in a timely, accurate manner.
- Serve membership by providing service and information in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner via telephone, email, web chat.
- Provide technical support to members for automated account access issues related to internet banking, access, visa online, and billpay.
- Identify members financial needs and markets appropriate SPIRE products and services.
- Record the referrals for future reference and following contact, including correspondence and telephone referral.
- Initiate contact or follow up on all service and sales leads in a timely basis with outbound calls and or correspondence. Such as; new accounts, certificate renewals, referrals, promotion follow up, etc.
- Orient new members to SPIRE products, services and policies and solicits additional business; advises denied applicants on turn down.
- Promote and sell additional products and services
- Inform members of SPIRE loan products and procedures and discusses options (rates, projections, payment schedule, etc.); recommends appropriate products and terms.
- Interview loan applicants, transmit recorded data to loan servicing, and provide administrative support to complete and verify application data.
- Interview prospective member, collect necessary credit reports and other necessary information.
- Analyze application for credit worthiness and fraud prevention; recommends approval or denial.
- Complete computing and documenting procedures to open new accounts or to refuse denied applications
- EXPERIENCE: A minimum of one year up to three years of experience working in a branch environment. Prefer prevoius phone center experience.
- EDUCATION: high school degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of SPIRE products, services policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of professional telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of simple arithmetic.
- Knowledge of professional business grammar and correspondence.
- Skill in using a personal computer, web browser, and Microsoft office products.
- Skill of selling, including the ability to identify members needs, to explain features and benefits of SPIRE services, and to close sales opportunities.
- Skill of typing and the ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator; ability to learn to use various office equipment.
- Ability to develop professional relationships with members and to build cooperative teams with co workers.
- Ability to problem solve and to make decisions.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and to maintain a courteous demeanor in a busy, high stress work environment.
- Ability to employ simple communication skills (listening, reading, tact, courtesy).
- Ability and willingness to be coached on the Preferred Way of Selling.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality via phone, fax, email and web chat.
- Ability to meet sales and service expectations