Construction Project Manager
Schimenti Construction Company
New York City, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Construction
SCHIMENTI CONSTRUCTION through its partnerships with world-class retailers, skilled architects, and first-class commercial developers, delivers exceptional results. In our 150+ projects per year, Schimenti team members work cohesively to build different through a focus on our people. Strong co-worker relationships across multiple office locations in New York and California create a united culture of innovation and modernization.
We are currently seeking experienced Project Managers for our New York City team located primarily in the greater in the tri-state area. This position supports the successful execution of assigned projects, provides support to facilitate planning and coordination of construction activities to ensure that all project objectives are accomplished, and ensures project profitability targets are achieved.
- Take an active role in and guide jobs and job teams in each phase including pre-construction, construction, closeout, and post-construction services
- Take a big-picture view of strategy, risk assessment, and profitability and continuously communicate this view throughout the life of the project
- Identify and focus on critical issues related to construct-ability including associated costs and logistical issues
- Lead and manage multiple and/or larger, more complex projects with limited PX involvement
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all Schimenti financial processes, controls, and reports, i.e., internal budgets, costs to complete, billings, collections, subcontractor payments, change order preparation and resolution, contracts, etc.
- Ensure that jobs are completed according to schedule and meet profit goals
- Oversee the change order process to ensure the extras presented to the owner get approved and are fair
- Establish annual performance goals for each direct report
- Develop, nurture and maintain ongoing client, architect, subcontractor and industry (landlords, brokers, etc) relationships at the appropriate level reinforcing Schimenti's commitment to continue addressing their needs and interests.
- Work collaboratively with outside parties (I.e. the design team, etc.) to accomplish client goals
- Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors instilling this philosophy in project teams at all times
- 3+ years of experience in construction management with a commercial general contracting company
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously as well as fast track projects
- Experience managing Luxury and Specialty Retail projects a plus
- Management and Leadership experience, including experience mentoring project managers and assistant project managers
- Extensive experience maintaining project budgets and schedules
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail